Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-24-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Question about embedding Youtube videos

Sorry, I didn't see a location to ask questions about the MR forum itself, so I went to the place with the smartest people..... please move if there is a better location.

I'm trying to post a link to a youtube video....but I only want a specific clip of the video with a start time and an end time (in seconds).

I can do this with an embed link:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/upq36U...rt=641&end=647

However when I get to the MR forum it starts acting wonkie - when using the youtube tags it embeds the video and honors the start time, but it doesn't honor the end time.

[YOUTUBE]upq36UeXrpY?start=641&end=647[/YOUTUBE]

Am I doing something wrong??

Last edited by Turtle91; 08-24-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
This is relevant to mobile reading, how exactly?

I like to think of this place as a quiet, peaceful you tube free zone

Once it starts attracting the sort of comments you see under you tube videos then there goes the neighbourhood.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm honestly not certain the ability to do what you want is even officially supported by the Forum software.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
This is relevant to mobile reading, how exactly?

I like to think of this place as a quiet, peaceful you tube free zone

Once it starts attracting the sort of comments you see under you tube videos then there goes the neighbourhood.
The question was how to use an MR forum function... The actual link was simply an example - albeit a very entertaining clip: dociousaliexpilisticfragicalirupus!!

If MR doesn't want to have youtube links then why does it have a youtube button for linking to youtube?? lolz

Diap: I'm not sure it is supported either...but it does support the "start" functionality, I didn't think it was too bizarre for it to support the "end" function. It seems to me that the API would support an official function??

...And thanks for moving it!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote