Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-30-2023, 10:10 PM   #1
omin
omin began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 3, prev Kindle Paperwhite 4
Calibre metadata search not working when books are transferred via USB

It seems like KOReader is unable to use metadata.calibre located at the root; therefore, the Calibre metadata search doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

I see that when I transfer books via Wifi (KOReader > Calibre > Connect), it creates ".metadata.calibre" However, when I transfer books with USB + Calibre, it creates "metadata.calibre"

Both methods used Send to device in Calibre.

Is there a way to get Calibre metadata search from transferring books via Send to device (USB)?

Last edited by omin; 12-30-2023 at 11:08 PM.
omin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:07 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What kind of device are we talking about here?

Keep in mind you *cannot* mix a SmartDevice (i.e., wireless) library root with a standard/wired/USB library root. (Basically, you can't tell two different calibre drivers to use the same library).

On our side, the calibre plugin should have shouted very sternly at you if you tried to set your inbox at the root of a library that was already being used by another calibre driver.

Once you take care of that, IIRC, the search plugin will happily parse multiple libraries at once, I think?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2023, 03:00 AM   #3
omin

I'm using an android e-ink reader (Poke 3).

> Keep in mind you *cannot* mix a SmartDevice (i.e., wireless) library root with a standard/wired/USB library root. (Basically, you can't tell two different calibre drivers to use the same library).

I realized this and decided to just use wireless. I kind of have to in order to use KOReader Sync. But shouldn't we be able to use the wired method and still have access to the Calibre metadata search? It seems like Calibre metadata search is coupled with the wireless method because we can't(?) set the inbox at the root of the device.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:53 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The metadata search just happens to live in the same plugin, that's all .

If you actually tell it where all of your libraries are at (or let it scan and find 'em), it will happily deal with a gazillion different libraries in different folders.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:40 AM   #5
omin

KOReader couldn't connect to Calibre with Wifi a few weeks ago so I started using a USB to connect. I couldn't figure out why. I just tried again and it works fine

I'm just curious, what are the pros and cons of using a SmartDevice? Do you think it's more susceptible to breaking (in the future)?

What's your recommended method for syncing books from Calibre?

Last edited by omin; 03-03-2024 at 07:35 PM.
Advert