Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
National Small Business Saturday

November 27th is National Small Business Saturday! (USA)

I know all the big stores got all the love on Black Friday. Today is the day to give some up for the little guys... the small businesses that are so important to our economy and well-being.

68% of money spent on small local businesses stays in the community. Small businesses employ half of all private-sector employees... every year over the last decade, 60-80% of new jobs were created by small businesses. Small businesses are the heartbeat of our communities and local economies.

I actually got the jump on this yesterday, when I spent some cash down at the comic store. Those guys need love... they're dying off almost as fast as the bookstores. Today, I'll pick up a few things at Mom's Organic Market, and make sure I get in a meal at one of my local non-franchise restaurants.

And if you're thinking about that special ebook from your favorite indie author or publisher, this would be a great day to get that purchase in, wouldn't it?

So, show some love for the small businesses... support your local economy... keep the country strong!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the link. I want to see if there are any participating stores in my area.

EDIT: Steve, is there a way to see a list of local small businesses? I could not find any such thing at the home link in your post.

Last edited by DixieGal; 11-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Thanks for the link. I want to see if there are any participating stores in my area.

EDIT: Steve, is there a way to see a list of local small businesses? I could not find any such thing at the home link in your post.
Sorry, I've been out all day...

The only thing I have is the website, and its corresponding Facebook page, for information. I'm afraid I couldn't find any pages or links to participating small businesses. It seems to be one of those "just shop at any small business" thing.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indie authors, sales