Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here is a photo of my Touch with 5.3.2 installed. No pre photos to compare to it, but text is rather light now compared to before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kt-532.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	99136  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #17
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm, Kindle Paperwhite latest patch is still 5.3.1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201064850

Are they going to make another update to 5.3.2? It wouldn't make sense for the newer Kindle Paperwhite to have lower version number than the older Kindle Touch.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #18
SirSiggi
SirSiggi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi. I'm trying to update my jailbroken Kindle Touch, but it always breaks telling me "Error 006". Because I did install the jailbreak via the Browser-Hack, I have no slightest clue what happened. The unjailbreak works, but I have no idea how to uninstall packages and google did not help too much, because they only explain how to install the jailbreak, but not how to uninstall packages.

The site with the Browserhack seems to no longer exist. It offered the possibility to uninstall...

Anyone has any idea how I can get my Kindle to update itself? Thank you in advance.

/e: [fixed] solution, see 2 posts further down

Last edited by SirSiggi; 01-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
SirSiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
mkflint
mkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to behold

Device: KT
Unhappy

Post deleted

Last edited by mkflint; 01-10-2013 at 10:41 AM.
mkflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd be a lot better off asking in the correct place, which is the "Kindle Developers' Corner" subforum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
SirSiggi
SirSiggi began at the beginning.

Even it was the wrong place, i'd like to tell everyone who read my request: The way to go is the simple debricking FAQ. The only way that worked for me was installing unhacked software via SSH via diag (installed via fastbood). There is a good guide in the dev board.

At the moment it's updating just fine.
SirSiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Normally I leave my Wi-Fi off so I can read up on the update before I download it but my Kindle Touch is not getting this update. I've turned the Wi-Fi on and connected to my network, but the Update Your Kindle option was greyed out. I synced and restarted it but it was still greyed out. I left it connected to the charger with Wi-Fi on overnight but it's still greyed out. And the Device Info says the firmware is still at 5.1.2.

Does anyone know why my Kindle might not be updating for me? It isn't hacked or jailbroken at all. I sideload books with Calibre all the time but that's it. I don't even break DRM, though I use Calibre to rename some books. I don't want to manually update the firmware in case there's a reason it won't update it and I break it. Should I risk it anyway? Is there anything else I can do first? Thanks in advance!
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
Just do it, it's not a big deal. Manual updating is one of the official update methods
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone happen to know if Amazon is planning such a huge update for the non-touch?
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote