Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
JC_Yang
JC_Yang began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd
Is the user style mod for story hd still working in the latest 1.34US firmware?

Since the original thread has been closed, and I'd like to mod the default fonts for epub, I have to open a new thread for the question, sorry for any inconvenience.
JC_Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The user style mod thread doesn't appear closed to me. The user style mod should still work. It's only the web portal (and web portal dependent mods) that no longer work with 1.34 US.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
JC_Yang

That thread is really shown as "closed" in my view.
Anyway, thank you for the great mod, frostschutz.

And one more question, have you ever tried any chinese fonts?
I had some epub converted from txt by myself with calibre, and I manual removed the font-family specification from the css, yet the mod still doesn't work. With font embedded into epub, it's fine.
Any ideas?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe this board doesn't allow new users to reply to old threads...

I haven't tried Chinese fonts, but Japanese fonts worked fine for me. However the problem was the reader itself doesn't recognize Japanese properly. It counts an entire sentence or paragraph as a single word; which in turn means an entire book is only 3-4 pages long. And it can't handle such long pages, it starts skipping things. So at least it was my experience that for EPUB, this reader is not suited for CJK at all. Maybe it would work better if the EPUB also had a pagemap embedded into it. But basically I'd go with PDF here.

To determine whether the mod is working at all or not you could do something silly, like set the background to a color, or make parapraphs have borders, or something. If nothing ever happens then something is weird.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
JC_Yang

Thanks again for the kindness, frostschutz.
I'll try your suggestion test.
Advert