Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #31
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So where is the non-Kindle version? The Kindle version is a rip-off.
I have both and while the hardcover volumes are beautiful I still enjoy the kepub versions I got from Kobo and dont't feel ripped-off. They were expensive but 90% coupons took care of that.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
--- I would hate to use one as a coffee-table! One added word makes all the difference!

For some reason, I remember mine as being green in color. And they may have been First Editions, although I can't really attest to that for certain.

Perhaps mine didn't have DJs.

I'm going to have hunt for an image of the ones I have in storage.

-- Thanks, Harry.
This is the one I have. Can't recall what I paid for it. I bought it 2nd hand at a used bookstore. No slipcase with the books.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #33
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Yes, that's the one I have, too. But mine's in better shape!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #34
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I have The Complete Sherlock Holmes in one volume, Doubleday and Co, with an introduction by Christopher Morley. It cost me $6 second hand quite a few years ago. There's no clear publication date, just a long list of copyrights. The most recent is 1930. This appears to be the date my edition was published, first edition was probably 1927, judging by like copies on sale. No dust jacket. 1,122 pages.

I read it from page 1 to 1122 when I bought it.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #35
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Mostly, that is. That's certainly true in countries with a "life + 70" copyright term, but the final book of SH short stories, "The Case-book of Sherlock Holmes", is not in the public domain in the US.
I was all set to 'argue' that in 2010 I bought a PD collection with the Case-book stories in the Amazon US store. I even went to my account to get the link to post it ... then I remembered I bought the collection before I'd changed to a US account It now shows "This title is not currently available for purchase" (but will display as usual in an Incognito window).

This collection is one of the first purchases I made when I got my first Kindle and I love it. Between June and July this year, I reread the full collection (except A Study in Scarlet, which I'd reread in late 2015).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #36
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I was all set to 'argue' that in 2010 I bought a PD collection with the Case-book stories in the Amazon US store. I even went to my account to get the link to post it ... then I remembered I bought the collection before I'd changed to a US account It now shows "This title is not currently available for purchase" (but will display as usual in an Incognito window)
Yeah, I was set to come back and argue as well, since both my Bantam Classics collection and the B&N Classics collection contain the Casebook stories and those books are always public domain.

Then I looked at the copyright page in my Bantam eBook and sure enough, there was a copyright notice for the Casebook stories.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote