Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 PM   #241
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
I've been on the lookout for the newer T63 firmware with english UI (hopeful it would fix the issue), but one doesn't seem to exist.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:50 AM   #242
igguk1
igguk1 began at the beginning.

Device: t63
**Update**
I have been testing a bit more the the Boyue in my case if I enable Wifi seems like it works properly without freezes on the banggood rom this is quite ok as it seems that is related to a software problem rather than a hardware one, so it seems i will be keeping it.
Hopefully some of the guys here chime in point me to a better english rom, this one feels a bit basic to me.
igguk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #243
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantedChanter View Post
Have you tried Xposed Framework to solve the key issue for your T63? Maybe you can assign both of the page turn keys to turn the page forward with a single press and turn back with a long press. I use it on my T62+ to add a "home" and "recents" button through long presses of the two small buttons above the page turn keys.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ght=t62+xposed
Hi,
Probably a really daft question but I've looked for screenshots with no luck. If I root it what will I get, stock android, so I then need to add ereader apps etc. Or do I get a more flexible version of what I already?

I've rooted tablets before but that was getting rid of Nook's version of Android and putting Cyanogenmod on instead. I'm happy with the ereader and any ereader apps I've tried through GP I find a fiddly pain so I'd really like to just change the buttons and nothing else.
Thanks
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #244
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Hi,
Probably a really daft question but I've looked for screenshots with no luck. If I root it what will I get, stock android, so I then need to add ereader apps etc. Or do I get a more flexible version of what I already?

I've rooted tablets before but that was getting rid of Nook's version of Android and putting Cyanogenmod on instead. I'm happy with the ereader and any ereader apps I've tried through GP I find a fiddly pain so I'd really like to just change the buttons and nothing else.
Thanks
In your case, rooting simply gives you more flexibility/control over what you now have. You won't see any changes whatsoever, except for an icon for the Superuser or SuperSU app. If you want to do more, you can. But rooting itself won't give you different firmware.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #245
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
In your case, rooting simply gives you more flexibility/control over what you now have. You won't see any changes whatsoever, except for an icon for the Superuser or SuperSU app. If you want to do more, you can. But rooting itself won't give you different firmware.

Brilliant, thank you. I just want to re-map the buttons. At the moment I'm not using it and it doesn't look like Boyue is in any rush to bring out an update.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #246
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
good morning everyone, after a lot of internet research i am getting crazy, i read this post till page six, i have a really simple question.
Can i buy something that has 300 ppi with decent backlight on the night so that i can install moon+reader pro and just read.. NO ROOT( the easiest way looks an icarus e654bk but is 212ppi but has google play, do you have maybe a recommendation for me? Also this bangood show that this boyue t63 has a lot of s problems without root, then I found post that compare the onyx boox c67ML with boyue t62, but i do not understand the onyx boox c67ML is 300ppi why to compare with boyue old t62? http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...-e-ink-screen/)

Last edited by trocchietto; 05-11-2017 at 05:54 PM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:13 AM   #247
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
good morning everyone, after a lot of internet research i am getting crazy, i read this post till page six, i have a really simple question.
Can i buy something that has 300 ppi with decent backlight on the night so that i can install moon+reader pro and just read.. NO ROOT( the easiest way looks an icarus e654bk but is 212ppi but has google play, do you have maybe a recommendation for me? Also this bangood show that this boyue t63 has a lot of s problems without root, then I found post that compare the onyx boox c67ML with boyue t62, but i do not understand the onyx boox c67ML is 300ppi why to compare with boyue old t62? http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...-e-ink-screen/)
I have the Boyue T63 and the Onyx C67ML Carta 2. The T63 does not come with Google Play. You can sideload Moon Reader Pro and install it on the T63 if you want. You don't have to root it unless you want to install Google Play. I use Moon Reader Pro on my T63, and it works just fine. The light is not as bright on the T63, which I like.

The Onyx C67ML Carta 2 is also 300 dpi. It has Google Play pre-installed. It feels a little lighter than the T63, and has a brighter light. Moon Reader Pro will work just fine on the Onyx, too. Contrast is a little better on the Onyx.

Either device will work fine for you. I prefer the T63 because it has better battery life and its light is less bright. Both have page turn buttons and a microSD card slot. Both have similar internal storage.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #248
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You can sideload Moon Reader Pro and install it on the T63 if you want.
what do you mean for sideload? download the apk and run it?

Quote:
The Onyx C67ML Carta 2 is also 300 dpi. It has Google Play pre-installed.
I was buying it, but Amazon has vote 2 33%!!! And a lot of people say that is really fragile, I do not want that my ereader break apart if fall on the ground
Did it fall to you? Also is 1,2G dual core is fast enough to open pdfs?Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-C67ML-Ca...p_only_reviews

Last edited by trocchietto; 05-12-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #249
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
what do you mean for sideload? download the apk and run it?

I was buying it, but Amazon has vote 2 33%!!! And a lot of people say that is really fragile, I do not want that my ereader break apart if fall on the ground
Did it fall to you? Also is 1,2G dual core is fast enough to open pdfs?Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-C67ML-Ca...p_only_reviews
By "sideload", I mean to download the apk, tap it in a file manager, install it and run it.

I have never opened pdfs on either device, so I can't say anything about that. I assumed that a 6 inch screen is too small for most pdfs anyway.

I have been satisfied with the quality of both the Boyue and the Onyx. They do fine for reading my eBooks, and other apps like Instapaper work well on either device. The only problem I have had on either is that sometimes the File Manager app on the Boyue crashes. But I installed Root Explorer and use that as my file manager. Problem solved. You can install most any file manager you prefer.

On either device, I like how you can long press a book cover, and then a window pops up with every reader app you have (stock and the ones you installed), and then you choose the one you want to read with. You can also make Moon Reader the default reading app, to save that step.

I did have lots of problems when I bought an Onyx T68 a while ago, but the C67 and the Boyue have been fine for me.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #250
trocchietto
Addict

I read pdf with the magnificent reflow from moon+reader pro, now I can even highlight them with the latest few days ago version. Well is Android, we can personalize almost everything, Ok possibly I am going to buy the OB C67ML. I do not go OT, but really hope next models will have more performant processors.

The only 6 inches limitation is not the pdf, because apart the reflow mode I can use the landscape, but the fact that cannot read comics in a comfortable way. But not big deal, I am going to synch my Moon+Reader Pro ( and bookari, and few others) between devices, because sometimes I love the LCD color and fluidity of my tablet. Not a big issue bringing both the devices with me on the go. Thank you very much
Old 05-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #251
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I read pdf with the magnificent reflow from moon+reader pro, now I can even highlight them with the latest few days ago version. Well is Android, we can personalize almost everything, Ok possibly I am going to buy the OB C67ML. I do not go OT, but really hope next models will have more performant processors.

The only 6 inches limitation is not the pdf, because apart the reflow mode I can use the landscape, but the fact that cannot read comics in a comfortable way. But not big deal, I am going to synch my Moon+Reader Pro ( and bookari, and few others) between devices, because sometimes I love the LCD color and fluidity of my tablet. Not a big issue bringing both the devices with me on the go. Thank you very much
I didn't even think of pdf reflow! I've done that with some books on Google Play Books, and that works fine on either the Onyx or the Boyue. It should work even better with Moon.

I hope you enjoy the OB C67ML, if you end up buying it. It's been fine for me.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #252
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
I didn't even think of pdf reflow! I've done that with some books on Google Play Books, and that works fine on either the Onyx or the Boyue. It should work even better with Moon.

I hope you enjoy the OB C67ML, if you end up buying it. It's been fine for me.
Do not blame you, since almost 10 years M+R is around, is only since few days that you can highlight pdf in reflow mode!

By the way, i ordered the C67ML, does M+R recognize physical button to turn page,and the inbuilt dictionaries( you can download) are working fine offline?
thanks
Old 05-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #253
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Do not blame you, since almost 10 years M+R is around, is only since few days that you can highlight pdf in reflow mode!

By the way, i ordered the C67ML, does M+R recognize physical button to turn page,and the inbuilt dictionaries( you can download) are working fine offline?
thanks
Yes, MR recognizes the physical page turn buttons. Sometimes, when I start reading, I have to press the page turn button twice when I turn the page for the first time. After that, the page turns with one button push, each time.

The dictionaries work fine offline, at least so far.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #254
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Yes, MR recognizes the physical page turn buttons. Sometimes, when I start reading, I have to press the page turn button twice when I turn the page for the first time. After that, the page turns with one button push, each time.

The dictionaries work fine offline, at least so far.
pretty cool thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #255
softlight
softlight began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I've been on the lookout for the newer T63 firmware with english UI (hopeful it would fix the issue), but one doesn't seem to exist.
Hi there, I'm a newcomer.

the same goes here. I flashed my t63 with Boox 1.8 and it's good except for the not fully functional light controls. It seems to be stuck at a certain level then goes, down, down, down...

Found the ROM on baidu. Google couldn't find anything.

How come Boyue doesn't provide any English ROM?
That's too bad and negative publicity if you ask me.
They must become concerned with this issue.
softlight is offline   Reply With Quote