Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Kindle/Nook) Lessons in Love by Charlie Cochrane [Mystery/Gay Romance]

Lessons in Love: A Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 1 by Charlie Cochrane is free at the US KIndle store

Quote:
Product Description
He didn't think he had a heart. Until he lost it.

A Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 1

St. Bride's College, Cambridge, England, 1905.

Jonty Stewart is handsome and outgoing, with blood as blue as his eyes. When he takes up a teaching post at the college where he studied, his dynamic style acts as an agent for change within the archaic institution. He also has a catalytic effect on Orlando Coppersmith.

Orlando is a brilliant, introverted mathematician with very little experience of life outside the university walls. He strikes up an alliance with Jonty and soon finds himself heart-deep in feelings he's never experienced. Before long their friendship blossoms into more than either man had hoped.

Then a student is murdered within St. Bride's. Then another...and another. All the victims have one thing in common: a penchant for men. Asked by the police to serve as their eyes and ears within the college, Jonty and Orlando risk exposing a love affair that could make them the killer's next target.

This book has been previously published and has been revised and expanded from its original release.

Warning: Contains sensual m/m lovemaking and men in punts.

Last edited by arcadata; 04-15-2011 at 03:32 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
ooh thanks for this
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Also free @ B&N.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I've read the whole series and they are wonderful. So many books in the m/m genre are badly written and series continuity is lacking. A character is introduced in one book with a backstory and three books later his past is completely different.

Charlie Cochran writes at the quality we should expect from a published author, ebook or not. Each book in the series has a mystery in the background but the real story is the relationship and how it evolves during the days when two men falling in love could land them in prison. The relationship and characters grow with each book and there are interesting and endearing secondary characters as well. The love scenes are very non-explict and tastefully done.

I highly recommend picking this up while it's free. You likely won't be able to help yourself from buying the rest of the series.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I've read the whole series and they are wonderful. So many books in the m/m genre are badly written and series continuity is lacking. A character is introduced in one book with a backstory and three books later his past is completely different.

Charlie Cochran writes at the quality we should expect from a published author, ebook or not. Each book in the series has a mystery in the background but the real story is the relationship and how it evolves during the days when two men falling in love could land them in prison. The relationship and characters grow with each book and there are interesting and endearing secondary characters as well. The love scenes are very non-explict and tastefully done.

I highly recommend picking this up while it's free. You likely won't be able to help yourself from buying the rest of the series.
i know of several m/m authors who are pretty good i also really like M. Kei's Pirates of the Narrow Seas series, if you're into nautical stuff
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i know of several m/m authors who are pretty good i also really like M. Kei's Pirates of the Narrow Seas series, if you're into nautical stuff
I haven't read those. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

I don't know that I'm into nautical stuff but I like well developed characters and I'm getting tired of everyone being a werewolf or vampire or some other supernatural being. I do have a weakness for cowboys though...

I really like Josh Lanyon, (especially the Adrien English series) and Sean Michael is a good writer but sometimes too raunchy for me. J L Langley's Sci Fi Regency series is pretty good but the background mystery/conspiracy has still not been explained and she goes a long time between books. I stayed up until about 3 am on a work night reading the second book to find out a resolution and was left hanging. I shouldn't complain though because the authors that pump out a new book every three or four weeks are generally the ones that are terrible.

I was thinking specifically about the Cattle Valley series by Carol Lynne with the continuity issues. I like the books but sometimes she has completely changed the backstory of characters and their actions in the previous book don't mesh with who they are supposed to be in the new book and their actions in the prior book no longer makes sense. That kind of thing makes me crazy but I keep on reading because of my attachment to a few central characters.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard

@book: i'm not a big fan of JL Langley at all. read two of her books and balked at the way she castrated the bottom :P

i hear Keeping Promise Rock is good as well as the "Love means..." series by andrew grey
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Looks promising! Thanks for the heads-up! Snagged and bagged!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I've been meaning to check this book out...thanks!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
bookfanmd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
@book: i'm not a big fan of JL Langley at all. read two of her books and balked at the way she castrated the bottom :P

i hear Keeping Promise Rock is good as well as the "Love means..." series by andrew grey
I've got the Love Means... series in my Calibre library but haven't read yet. I've been stocking up whenever Fictionwise has a good coupon running so I have a huge TBR pile.