Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Help: Converting from .txt to .epub for Aldiko on Android

I'm very new to Calibre. I tried converting a file from text to EPUB to read using Aldiko (1.2.13) on my Galaxy S (Android 2.1). Unfortunately, some of the text was wonky. Has anyone found a good method to make this conversion work? What steps/settings should I be using?

Thanks.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Without giving some more detail on what sort of problems you are seeing then it is difficult to suggest an answer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Sorry for not being specific. I guess I was hoping someone had already figured out what to do.

For starters, I see question marks inside black diamonds where there should be hyphens.

While I'm at it, are there any other tests or known problems I should look for?

Last edited by SlowRain; 10-23-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: "diamonds", not "triangles"
Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You need to tell Calibre what the encoding of your file is. It's input character encoding under "Look and Feel" in the conversion options. CP1252 seems to be a popular encoding.

If you can't figure out the encoding open the file in a text editor so that it looks correct and then re-save it encoded as UTF-8.

You need single line paragraphs if every line is a paragraph. The default is to assume that text files have hard line breaks with spaces between paragraphs.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
SlowRain
Addict

Okay. Let me play around with it a bit. You've given me a good place to start. I appreciate your help.
Advert