Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Cartaphilus
Cartaphilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems Using Calibredb Commands in a Batch File

I'm running Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to (semi)automate generating listings from Calibre by using a batch file. However, every time I execute a calibredb command, instead of returning to the next command in the batch file, the job simply terminates. The batch file looks something like this:

echo Trying This Batch File...
pause
cd c:\users\fred
pause
calibredb list -f authors > c:\users\fred\calibrereport\authors.csv
pause
echo Author Report Run

I get the echo and the first pause. I get the directory change. I get the second pause (I added all the pauses just to "debug" the batch file). The calibredb command runs, but I never get to the 3rd pause or the last echo. When I go to the piped destination, the report is there, so I know the command ran.

Any ideas?
Cartaphilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/3923
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartaphilus View Post
I'm running Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to (semi)automate generating listings from Calibre by using a batch file. However, every time I execute a calibredb command, instead of returning to the next command in the batch file, the job simply terminates. The batch file looks something like this:

pause
pause
calibredb list -f authors > c:\users\fred\calibrereport\authors.csv
pause
echo Author Report Run

I get the echo and the first pause. I get the directory change. I get the second pause (I added all the pauses just to "debug" the batch file). The calibredb command runs, but I never get to the 3rd pause or the last echo. When I go to the piped destination, the report is there, so I know the command ran.

Any ideas?
This drove me batty. Calibredb won't play well with the Windows command interpreter. After much playing around, while waiting for the fix, I found a workaround. Try this:
Code:
start calibredb list -f authors > c:\users\fred\calibrereport\authors.csv
echo Author Report Run
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Cartaphilus
Cartaphilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Starson17,

'Start' did the trick. Thank you much.

Kovid,

Calibre is a great piece of work. Be Proud.

Regards,
Cartaphilus
Cartaphilus is offline   Reply With Quote