Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
- Configuration file for the tweaks now accessible via USB (koboplugins.ini in the .kobo directory) --> attached file has to be extracted first to the .kobo directory
Why not include the koboplugins.ini in the KoboRoot.zip file so that you could just unzip the entire KoboRoot.zip file to the .kobo directory and get both the ini file and the tqz file there at the same time?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #32
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Why not include the koboplugins.ini in the KoboRoot.zip file so that you could just unzip the entire KoboRoot.zip file to the .kobo directory and get both the ini file and the tqz file there at the same time?
I've update the KoboRoot.zip in my previous post. Now the .ini file is created at first startup.

Last edited by ikarus9999; 01-26-2012 at 06:58 AM.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #33
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
What did you do exactly?
I've extracted 'KoboRoot.zip' and 'koboplugins.zip', downloaded here into the '.kobo' directory and ejected the device. The device restarted automatically with the normal update messages after unplugging. But nothing has changed on the Kobo start menu. I assume, the "libqtscript.so" is missing.

By the way: do I need a Linux capable text editor like Notepad++ to edit 'koboplugins.ini' (because of the line endings)?
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #34
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
I've extracted 'KoboRoot.zip' and 'koboplugins.zip', downloaded here into the '.kobo' directory and ejected the device. The device restarted automatically with the normal update messages after unplugging. But nothing has changed on the Kobo start menu. I assume, the "libqtscript.so" is missing.

By the way: do I need a Linux capable text editor like Notepad++ to edit 'koboplugins.ini' (because of the line endings)?
libqtscript is not needed for the tweaks plugin.
You have to open the library once to get the plugin loaded. Have you done that?

As for the koboplugins.ini: At the moment yes. As I'm working under linux I haven't been paying attention to the line endings. I'll fix this in the next release.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #35
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You have to open the library once to get the plugin loaded. Have you done that? ...
Shame on me ! Now it works. How about a translation option in the ini file e.g. one item per line 'Settings=Einstellungen' etc.?

Anyway, great stuff! I like it .
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #36
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
Shame on me ! Now it works. How about a translation option in the ini file e.g. one item per line 'Settings=Einstellungen' etc.?

Anyway, great stuff! I like it .
I'll try to use the original translations from the kobo firmware. Should be available in the next version.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #37
quek1982
quek1982 began at the beginning.

Nice job ,
I'm french, and my english is not very well, but i really want to think you!
I use it on my "kobo by Fnac"
wait for translation option!!!
quek1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #38
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Just installed - looks great! After editing the .ini I had to reboot AND go into the library again first, to have the changes show... At first the Browser did not start up with my Homepage, but now it does. Maybe because I opened the browser from settings menu once more or just by itself...

Another nice option to be able to add to the HOME-menu would be the shortlist, esp. when hiding the shortlist on the homescreen... Another option could be "search"...

I have modified the internal icons for search, shortlist and dictionary to fit the HOME-Menu, see PM...

Last edited by voom; 01-26-2012 at 09:09 AM.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #39
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
How does the .ini file work. I edited it and gave the store option a '0' (I used notepad ++) but it still displays.

Does it need a reboot (how manually)?

Thanks!

Later: OK if you change an '.ini' setting you need to reboot and select the library once to see the result.

Last edited by volpo; 01-26-2012 at 08:58 AM.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #40
voom
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

A good editor for Windows is Scite: http://opensource.ebswift.com/SciTEInstaller/

It can handle different encodings and linebreaks well...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #41
Koboyashi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
A good editor for Windows is Scite: http://opensource.ebswift.com/SciTEInstaller/

It can handle different encodings and linebreaks well...
[OT]I prefer Notepad++. It has the same features (and more). It is based on the same codebase like SciTE (Scintilla) and comes with a fine plugin called 'TextFX', which may save a lot of time while editing text and source code. There are also a lot of other useful plugins for Notepad++.[/OT]
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #42
voom

Notepad++ looks good, I'll try that... I do all code work (PHP, HTML, JS) in Scite so far, so I might not have to change habits, but get some extras on top anyway
Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #43
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- New Icons for the Shortlist and the Dictionary shortcut in the menu
- Shortlist is now accessible in the menu (new Entry in the ini file 'showShortList=1'
- Support for different languages (New setting in koboplugins.ini) Currently supported en, de (Looking for someone who can translate to french)
To get the language support either delete the koboplugins.ini file on the device or add the following entry to the [Global] section in the file.
language=en
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (41.7 KB, 363 views)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #44
voom

Looks good One thing though: I get the search-icon with the shortlist-entry now, the heart was intended for the shortlist (as in use in the library)... The search-icon as seen here needs improvement, I think; dictionary looks fine to me
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #45
Koboyashi
Zealot

In tweaks settings (German): 'Webbroweser Verknüpfung' - The word 'Webbrowser' should be enough because adding an item is declared in the title of that section. And 'Start Menü' is one German word: 'Startmenü'. - You could translate 'Random stuff' to 'Verschiedenes'.