Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #16
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Okay, so be it. I'm making an infrastructure for per-device keybindings. Once it in place, it will be possible to adjust keys as you want.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #17
Rapefruit
Rapefruit has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Hanlin V3 (64MB)
Thinking of Sudoku (but could be useful for the other games as well), may I suggest to include "go to top left", "top right", "bottom left" and "bottom right" as possibilities to the keybindings? I'm thinking of keys 4, 5, 9 and 0...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #18
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ah, right. Could be useful too.

Last edited by dottedmag; 09-04-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #19
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapefruit View Post
Thinking of Sudoku (but could be useful for the other games as well), may I suggest to include "go to top left", "top right", "bottom left" and "bottom right" as possibilities to the keybindings? I'm thinking of keys 4, 5, 9 and 0...
Using the number keys to move the cursor in Sudoku might get confusing since, "How will you input a number in that square without using the number keys?"

I would think using the left side page next/previous keys to move the cursor right/left, and the volume up/down keys to move the cursor up/down would be better, thus leaving the number keys to input numbers into the current square.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #20
Rapefruit
Rapefruit has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Hanlin V3 (64MB)
Because you tend to move a lot more than you enter numbers, I believe the idea here is to move with the number keys and enter values by long pressing the key. At least that is the kind of behaviour I would expect...