Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #1486
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Sitting here, staring at Zelda's avvie, waiting...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #1487
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you let us know, ok ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #1488
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Here's a new avatar for you. (No need to rush the current one.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Medal.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	18151
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #1489
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you kind Sir.

what is that medal for ? (forgive me if i should know... i'm not up on all my decorations)
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #1490
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thank you kind Sir.

what is that medal for ? (forgive me if i should know... i'm not up on all my decorations)
It is a restrike by the Paris Mint of the 1906 medal to raise funds for the San Francisco earthquake. The artist is Louis Bottee. (Not Roty as I thought.) I collect medals from the Art Nouveau era...
Old 11-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #1491
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
It is a restrike by the Paris Mint of the 1906 medal to raise funds for the San Francisco earthquake. The artist is Louis Bottee. (Not Roty as I thought.) I collect medals from the Art Nouveau era...
ah, okay ! that explains the "sympathie" written on it... i thought that was rather suprising for a medal. i like art nouveau as well. have you seen mucha's stained glass windows in prague ?

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #1492
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I noticed the Google homepage today and thought of Zelda ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	[Google] magritte08.gif
Views:	310
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	18163  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #1493
zelda_pinwheel

i love google's theme logos.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #1494
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
ah, okay ! that explains the "sympathie" written on it... i thought that was rather suprising for a medal. i like art nouveau as well. have you seen mucha's stained glass windows in prague ?

Magnificent!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #1495
zelda_pinwheel

yes, mucha did some truly stunning work. if you like art nouveau i recommend you look him up, if you haven't already.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #1496
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
yes, mucha did some truly stunning work. if you like art nouveau i recommend you look him up, if you haven't already.

The one thing I like about art nouveau medals is that they are affordable! Painting, original glasswork, yipes! But one can get a nice medal for 100-300 US dollars. And you can have an entire art show on a tabletop...
Old 11-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #1497
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The one thing I like about art nouveau medals is that they are affordable! Painting, original glasswork, yipes! But one can get a nice medal for 100-300 US dollars. And you can have an entire art show on a tabletop...
oh, absolutely, i wouldn't say those windows are nearly as accessible to a collector. but worth the trip, to see them in person... even if you can't take them home with you.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #1498
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Sitting here, staring at Zelda's avvie, waiting...
It's like watching paint dry, isn't it?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #1499
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:

Oh. My.

Wow.

And other such exclamations.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #1500
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
It's like watching paint dry, isn't it?
Well, you have to have a certain orientation...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda