Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #1651
ddimasbr
ddimasbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Onyx Boox M96 and Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulafein View Post
Update fonk/margin hack. I did it without problems:-)
Which version of the software your PW? My updated to version 5.4.2.1 and the margin don't work anymore
ddimasbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #1652
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
congratulate myself!
Margin on my PW2 5.4.2.1 has just removed. It's kind of weird because after installing JailBreak I tried to install ready-made files which are designed for 5.4.2 not 5.4.2.1 so installation proceeded by putting bin and margin related jar file in root but nothing happened. in fact, I forgot to restart the device. So, I thought that this in not gonna work and uninstalled it. story goes on!
I continued installing KAUL and its prerequisites and some fancy extensions. device restarted. and here is the magic. I noticed that margin removed in PDF context.
I don't know exactly what happened but I'm happy
you guys are great.
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #1653
hackintosh1984pl
hackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Info for user Kindle Touch Firmware 5.3.7. I install file JBpatch from file *_fw532.zip and works OK
hackintosh1984pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #1654
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddimasbr View Post
Which version of the software your PW? My updated to version 5.4.2.1 and the margin don't work anymore
PW2 with 5.4.2.1 - margin hack works .
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #1655
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Did you try to re-install the margin hack after the firmware update?

The re-installation of custom add-ins is often required after a firmware update.
The only thing that is "protected by design" is the device jailbreak.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #1656
ddimasbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix512 View Post
congratulate myself!
Margin on my PW2 5.4.2.1 has just removed. It's kind of weird because after installing JailBreak I tried to install ready-made files which are designed for 5.4.2 not 5.4.2.1 so installation proceeded by putting bin and margin related jar file in root but nothing happened. in fact, I forgot to restart the device. So, I thought that this in not gonna work and uninstalled it. story goes on!
I continued installing KAUL and its prerequisites and some fancy extensions. device restarted. and here is the magic. I noticed that margin removed in PDF context.
I don't know exactly what happened but I'm happy
you guys are great.
Then you restarted the device and installed all components (JB, kual, .bin and .Jar) and the margins worked again?

Worked only in pdf files or Mobi too?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #1657
ddimasbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you try to re-install the margin hack after the firmware update?

The re-installation of custom add-ins is often required after a firmware update.
The only thing that is "protected by design" is the device jailbreak.
Well .. I installed the components again but failed.

The installed components were: JB, bin and jar..

I forgot some?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #1658
ddimasbr

Victory!

Great! I reinstalled all the necessary files and margins are already working perfectly!

Thank you all for your help!

To get better, only if it is "published" to a version of the interface in brazilian portuguese!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #1659
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Quote:
Then you restarted the device and installed all components (JB, kual, .bin and .Jar) and the margins worked again?

Worked only in pdf files or Mobi too?
Yes.
Just PDFs. I used ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar file only
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #1660
ddimasbr

Does this file .Jar work with the margin for Brazilian Portuguese interface?

https://github.com/vanhoavn/KindleCh...impl-pt_BR.jar
Old 02-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #1661
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ddimasbr: No, that appears to be both very old, and from another device (Touch).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #1662
anuivet
anuivet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackintosh1984pl View Post
Info for user Kindle Touch Firmware 5.3.7. I install file JBpatch from file *_fw532.zip and works OK
Thanks, I'll try it
anuivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #1663
onlyra
onlyra began at the beginning.

Device: KT, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackintosh1984pl View Post
I don't know how OK it works. As I remember, someone stated earlier in this thread that changing display margins, for example, doesn't work on Kindle Touch Firmware with firmware 5.3.7. Please correct me if something changed

Last edited by onlyra; 02-24-2014 at 01:51 PM.
onlyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:07 AM   #1664
ado31
ado31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyra View Post
I don't know how OK it works. As I remember, someone stated earlier in this thread that changing display margins, for example, doesn't work on Kindle Touch Firmware with firmware 5.3.7. Please correct me if something changed
Does NOT works OK. Installation process goes just as it should. After installation you can start JB Patch bot none of changes that you made by patch does not working. (dict, margins pdf or non-pdf, font size change).
ado31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #1665
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado31 View Post
Does NOT works OK. Installation process goes just as it should. After installation you can start JB Patch bot none of changes that you made by patch does not working. (dict, margins pdf or non-pdf, font size change).
That is "as expected" - -

JBPatch will load and run on many firmware versions -

**BUT**

The individual patches that it applies must be re-written for each specific firmware version.

Dr. Ixtab has posted some very clear statements about just which firmware versions he will support.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks