Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Glo Image Problem?

Hi

I don't recall this problem being mentioned anywhere else on this forum and not something I commonly come across as only it relates to books with images in them. However, in 3.1.1 (and earlier versions) if a page has a image all that is displayed initially is a blank section where the image should be, however if I go back one page and return to the same page (essentially refreshing the page) the image displays OK. My Kobo is set to refresh every page anyway, so can't increase the refresh frequency to try and cure this problem.

Anyone else seen this?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I can't say that I have at least on the HD with 3.1.1.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've encountered this with chapter headers in David Gemmel's Legend (sideloaded as kepub).
Can't say I've noticed it anywhere else, but most of my books don't have any images.

Edit:
Looked it up in Calibre and Legend doesn't seem to have chapter headers, I think it was in "Empire in Black and Gold" then.
I'm now reading "Clean Sweep" by Ilona Andrews and the (full page) pictures there display fine.

Last edited by Abtacha; 01-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote