Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Nook Covers OPF Issue

The background:

The Nook has a bug in that prevents it from showing the cover of a book when you're viewing your library on the device. This happens if the entry in the OPF file is of the form:

<opf:meta content="cover-image" name="cover" />

What Nook wants is:

<opf:meta name="cover" content="cover-image" />

My understanding is that Sigil took care of this a few versions back by automatically switching the statement to the Nook-required format.

The problem:

I've just updated Sigil to 0.7.2 and found that it now does just the reverse: if you put the statement in "Nook workaround format", Sigil switches it back to the more standard format. I can't seem to turn this off. I have "Clean Source" disabled under Preferences. Is there something else I need to do that I'm missing?
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I sort of figured this one out. But I'm not sure I understand.

I tried going in with tweak_epub and reversing the order, but that didn't help. Ultimately, I ended up (1) renaming the cover image file to make it much shorter and (2) deleting the "meta" line entirely and re-entering it. It now works.

Now, the odd thing about Sigil's behavior is that it seems to display the line in content/name order, but saves it in name/content order. That is, it shows content/name, but if I save and open in tweak_epub, it actually saved it as name/content, but if I reopen in Sigil, it again shows it as content/name. Strange.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The change will not be displayed. It is only updated on save.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote