Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #46
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I wonder if the Forefront case will have a cut-out for the on-off button? I'm not seeing it on the back of the cover.

I don't know how many of these companies have Voyages in hand. The cases that I've looked at have shown recycled pictures featuring older Kindles. They're meant to give you an idea what the case will look like, but won't show features that are only for the Voyage.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 AM   #47
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I don't know how many of these companies have Voyages in hand. The cases that I've looked at have shown recycled pictures featuring older Kindles. They're meant to give you an idea what the case will look like, but won't show features that are only for the Voyage.
Some of these third party cases will ship before the Voyage does so for those I suspect it's doubtful they will look much different than the pictures, I.e. I don't expect a hole for the on off switch.

The only thing none of us know now is will a solid back over the switch cause any issues with the operation of the kindle.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #48
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if they wouldn't have clearly shown the front of the cover housing the Voyage:

No matter what I personally do not want a cover which blocks the on-off switch.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #49
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if they wouldn't have clearly shown the front of the cover housing the Voyage:

Me neither.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #50
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:

That's very likely just photoshopped.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #51
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
That's very likely just photoshopped.
Couldn't they have also photoshopped a cut-out for the on-off switch
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #52
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I have emailed Forefront and have had a rely back to say they will find out. Will report back once I get an answer.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #53
BookAdmin
Enthusiast
BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The picture is a link. Click on it. Right now, they are only made for the previous model Kindles.....
I have previous version of the Kindle and I don't plan to buy the new one.
So, it's just perfect for me. I searched for the cover in Amazon.fr store but unfortunately, they don't sell it...
Thanks anyway.
BookAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #54
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Couldn't they have also photoshopped a cut-out for the on-off switch
Yup, but they didn't. Maybe they didn't realize that the button is on the back now
I ordered am iTouch case from Ebay once where the cut-outs were precise, ..... Or would have been.... had the case been inside out

Last edited by xendula; 09-30-2014 at 12:59 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #55
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Yup, but they didn't. Maybe they didn't realize that the button is on the back now
I ordered am iTouch case from Ebay once where the cut-outs were precise, ..... Or would have been.... had the case been inside out

aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #56
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
About the AC case: I think they may be waiting to get a device in hand, before manufacturing the case, then shipping it. Some ither cases in the US and in some European Amazon stores have similar shipping date estimates.
Good point. Sounds very likely.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #57
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Hi all. So... I hate the idea of the origami case and, because its fun, I did a bit of digging around for alternatives. I found this, which i'm pretty sure has my vote: Marston Bindery Ltd
initially through ETSY.

I've contacted them and they've told me they intend to produce a Voyage cover with an auto-wake magnet which will also keep the cover closed when its put in a bag or whatever. At the moment their covers just fold shut like a normal book, but they are intending to improve the design. I like the fact that the insert is like the Amazon cover, no elastic corners business.

Personally I love the option to upload the text you'd like for the title (personalised cover options) and the author. If I go for it, I have decided on 'Introduction to plasma physics' as a title and the author: Lewis Carroll. That'll fox anyone curious to see what I'm reading. The Pride and Prejudice pre designed cover is rather lovely too (to my personal taste)

Pricey-ish but fair I think. I bought one of those really cheap covers (under ten quid) for a paperwhite and it was so plasticy and horrible to touch that I'm not going down that route again. I'd rather buy one and get it right first time.

Anyhoo, just another option for those not keen on a flip top.

Last edited by Pangolin; 10-01-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just had a shipping notification for my Forefront case, but with a delivery date of 17th-25th October, so by the sound of it it's on a slow boat from China, or somewhere similar. I'll report on it when it arrives. Figured it was worth a risk for £8 - if I like it I'll cancel my order for the Origami case.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just had a shipping notification for my Forefront case, but with a delivery date of 17th-25th October, so by the sound of it it's on a slow boat from China, or somewhere similar. I'll report on it when it arrives. Figured it was worth a risk for £8 - if I like it I'll cancel my order for the Origami case.

I was able to locate your package, Harry. If you look close, you can see it next to the cabbage and tomatoes, just to the right of the crocodile.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tracking Harry's package.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	129141  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #60
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I've heard from Forefront Cases but I'm not sure I believe them and I'm generally unhappy with them. They claim "they will have cut-outs for all buttons, ports and connections" but they have ignored my request to cancel the order sent yesterday morning and dispatched it today even though the estimated delivery date is between 16th-23rd October.

If they've dispatched it today it's obviously coming snail mail!

When I get it I'll report back.