Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Calculator AUTORUN-App for PRS-505 / 300 / 600 (confirmed)

Find attached a public beta java-script-calculator port for the PRS-505.

Attention: There is a bug in the released code!
Parenthesis "(" ")" arn't working. Giving (1+2)*3=7 which is obviously wrong.
Solution: rename
var openp = function(){ to var popen = function(){
and
var closep = function(){ to var pclose = function(){
in "calculator.js"
Valid code is integrated in PRS+ here

I just add this information here and want not to push this article by a new posting to this thread.

Use and start it like any other Autorun-App.

UserInterface is pretty straight forward:
Move pointer with "joystick", select key/function with "center"
Nummeric buttons can be used to input numbers too.
NextPage and holding center button = equals
PreviousPage "C"lear last input
Menu-Button exits the app.

Basically this is a port from: http://www.motionnet.com/calculator/
Changes are done in "sign", "M+", intruduced "M-" and "%" as well as a "C"lear besides the "AllClear"-Button

This app was developed most of the time in my "FSK Test-Environment for Autorun Applications under MS-Windows"
(shameless self promotion)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calc-Autorun.zip (12.4 KB, 499 views)
File Type: zip Calc-Sim.zip (12.9 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-26-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
I like! works well

Can you make the files for inclusion in the PRS +?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-6-6_0.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	52886  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I like! works well
You are welcome
Quote:
can you make the files for inclusion in the PRS +?
They are already there.
Extract "Calc-Autorun.zip" in the PRS+ addons-folder, and rename calc/autorun.xml to calc/calculator.xml and you are done.
(Assuming that you run a beta-tester-pack on SD-Card, otherwise you have to deal with the ant-build-script and to reflash)

[Edit 8.6.2010]
Please use kravitz's calc.zip, 2 post below for integration into PRS+
[/Edit]

Last edited by Mark Nord; 06-08-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mark-Nord help me

I can not include the error on the PRS +. I put the files in the addons folder v3 Beta tester (in SD). I renaming autorun.xml file by calculator.xml. I restart the reader with SD and do not see the calculator aplication (not is problem of beta tester, because it works with another version of the dictionary aplication).
Also I tried to make an installer (I have done many successful) and I get the error attached.

You made the installer or the beta tester? Can you attach the beta tester ready, please?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cmd.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	52981  
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
kravitz
Connoisseur
kravitz doesn't litterkravitz doesn't litter

Device: 505, Kindle PW
surquizu
Try to use this one with Beta tester pack.
calc.zip
kravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

surquizu
Sorry for the confusion.
I am still using a slightly modified prs+ 1.0.2 which doesn't reside in firmware.
And overlooked the changes in the addon-starter-files with the actual PRS+1.1.x

kravitz
Thanks for your support and corrections in calc.js
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
surquizu
Evangelist

Kravitz, Mark Nord

Thanks, now works.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

integration of topbar icon

by seeing surquizu's extended kBookIcon.png over in the PRS+ thread I started to try to integrate the icon in my code.

Some hours later I found the extremly simple and elegant solution.
Maybe it's just me and this was obvious but I would like to share:
Code:
<group id="AUTORUN_GROUP" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0" visible="false">
	<panel skin="calcSkin" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0"/> 
    <sprite skin="kbookMenuIcon" left="0" width="70" top="0" height="70" u="39" v="1" active="false" canFocus="false"/>   
    <label skin="title" left="70" right="0" top="0" height="70" align="left" text="Calculator"/>
And by knowing this, I was able to rewrite the Sudoku-Code so that the programm works with only one set of sprites.
See the code over in the Simulator-thread: here
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Calc for the PRS-600 too??

I modified the code of the calculator so that all buttons are "clickable" and will have according functions attached.
This way you can use the calculator in the SIM like any other Win-App by mouseclicks.

If I read and understand the porkuban/boroda PRS-600 russification-firmware(1.5f) correct, there is a way to run autorun-apps in the /Data/test directory by
  • make sure the reader isn't plugged in via USB
  • press the VOL+ and HOME keys simultaneously
  • keep holding them while you insert the SD card *
  • keep holding them until a menu appears
*On the SD card, there has to be a file (its contents is irrelevant):
/Sony Reader/software/autorun.xml

As I don't own a PRS-600 I would like to ask any experienced user of a russified PRS-600 with autorun-function to test the attached calc-script.

I'm curious if interaction with the calculator is possibel via touch screen.

[Edit 17.11.2010] Obviously ther is no BookMark-Key on 600/x50 so forget on this [/Edit]
The (hardware) BookMark-Key should bring up a about-dialog. just to test if dialogs are possible on a live PRS-600 (they are on my 505)

As emergency exit doOption (triggerd by pressing the hardware Option key) should exit the app.

[Edit] 27 views and not one answer saying if it is working or failing
26.11.2010 slightly modified code is reported working on PRS-600 and integrated in kartus PRS+.
[/Edit]
Attached Files
File Type: rar Calc x.02.rar (82.9 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-26-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Mark, I've Included your Calculator in 2.0.0 version, hope you don't mind.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

@ Kartu: You are perfectly welcome!

But you will maybe better use this localized version. (modified by Kravitz)

And maybe a Icon like in surquizu's extended kBookIcon.png can be used (See Post #8 in this thread).
But also I noticed, that every new reader extendes kBookIcon.png, so that the PRS+ specific Icons will not have the same index across the several versions.