Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Did anyone keep a copy of the 2.5 update for k2i?

As everyone, I´m itching for an early bird link (or pm, maybe?) of the new 2.5 firmware version....

Anyone?

and

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-05-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Thread title clarification
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I'd settle for the .bin for the K2(non-i).

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
At least I got the 2.3.4 firnware for the Kindle 2i at:

http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D2

No need to understand Chinese...
I did the upgrade (only 59k) and it worked!
Who knows?
Anyone has the k2i or the k2 .bin and wishes to post here?
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
nancyl
nancyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
A link to the 2.5.2 bin file is posted here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=kindle+update
nancyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
I have 2.5.2 for K2i here and ready.... too bad my email servers are 10MB max per email.... gonna see if I can compress it so that I can just email it to people
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerion View Post
I have 2.5.2 for K2i here and ready.... too bad my email servers are 10MB max per email.... gonna see if I can compress it so that I can just email it to people
Let me get this straight.. You're going to take the file I uploaded and started a thread for, compress it and just start emailing it to people?

Why on earth would you do that? Especially after I've already posted it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86316

and then you for some reason created yet another thread and posted your own links.

I find that wrong in so many ways.
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4brats View Post
Let me get this straight.. You're going to take the file I uploaded and started a thread for, compress it and just start emailing it to people?

Why on earth would you do that? Especially after I've already posted it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86316

and then you for some reason created yet another thread and posted your own links.

I find that wrong in so many ways.
I agree. Thanks so much for the bin, luvmy4brats.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Yep, some people like to steal other peoples efforts. It is available now for everyone on amazon's site so Balerion, you can stop right now.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Yep, some people like to steal other peoples efforts. It is available now for everyone on amazon's site so Balerion, you can stop right now.
"some people like to steal other people's efforts" ???! WTF ?! Was just trying to spread the joy.... as if I'd want to take credit for Amazon's hard work AND the work of the people that chucked them onto file hosting sites !!!

... and I didn't know it was available on Amazon yet... could've just been informed without the insult, don't you think?
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #10
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Um, you simply recreated Luvmy4brats thread with your own thread - she had posted the bin file already, but you created another thread without even acknowledging her.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I had no idea I could download the update from Amazon's website... and I've been waiting and waiting... Have had the wireless on for 1 and a half months...

Now it's finally updating... Thanks
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I've stumbled onto this thread first, so it had a purpose. Thanks everybody!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote