Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
afterry
afterry began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
How to use Calibre to convert Russian .txt to .epub

How do I use Calibre (if possible) to convert a Russian (Cyrillic) .txt file to a Russian (Cyrillic) . epub file. Is this possible?

After converting in Calibre, when I tried to read it in Adobe Digital Editions, I got a series of unending "?" for the font... thus the whole book is nothing but "?"s.

I wanted to read the .epub version on my Adobe Digital Editions software on my hard drive.

If not to use this method... any suggestions for how to read a russian.txt file on my Windows 7 P.C. in Russian?

Thanks. My jetbook was sent on the 11th, so should get here anyday now:
afterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Why change it to epub? If it was me I'd read it as a text file.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
afterry
afterry began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Hi GH,

I wanted to read on my Jetbook as well as on my computer - I have Adobe Digital Editions, and Calibre. So I thought I'd translate it to epub, because I "thought" that was a better format. ?

What would you do?

Thanks
afterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
"Better" is not always perfect. As long as its in a format you can read I'd leave it be and read it as is. I read straight txt files all the time with no issues.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote