Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
why no Murakami ebooks!!

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami and so far can only find a few titles in ebook. specifically looking for "a wild sheep chase" , "wind up bird chronicle" , "dance, dance dance" , "Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World" , "norwegian wood"....
I would love to read them again and be able to keep ebook copies in my library...

any other Murakami fans out there dissapointed?
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lev View Post
I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami and so far can only find a few titles in ebook. specifically looking for "a wild sheep chase" , "wind up bird chronicle" , "dance, dance dance" , "Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World" , "norwegian wood"....
I would love to read them again and be able to keep ebook copies in my library...

any other Murakami fans out there dissapointed?
Amazon lists the following available for the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com
/s/ref=nb_ss?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=Haruki+Murakami+&x=12&y=17

You might try contacting the publisher and author direct and expressing your views. We've heard sometimes that works.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Amazon lists the following available for the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com
/s/ref=nb_ss?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=Haruki+Murakami+&x=12&y=17

You might try contacting the publisher and author direct and expressing your views. We've heard sometimes that works.
I think contacting the publisher might be a good idea. most of the ebooks available are nonfiction.
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm a HUGE Murakami fan, and have some of his work on my Sony.

I'm also a book collector, and own most of his books in First Edition American Hardcover.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
odd that, given that they're freely available in pirated versions - not that I would ever pirate an ebook, of course
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
How did I miss this thread! I love Murakami, along with Banana Yohsimoto, in my top ten of writers. Quite a bit of Murakami is available through sharing sites, but I've never come across Yoshimoto anywhere, which is a shame
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have some Murakami ebooks I purchased for my Sony 505.

This is one of the few authors I will buy in First Edition Hardback (American), as well as in ebook (when available).

Check out David Mitchell for some comparisons to some of the tropes Murakami is works with. They're working similar ground, in my opinion. (Some critics feel that David Mitchell hasn't yet found his own voice, and is mining some of Murakami's work.)

Personally, I liked the one Mitchell book I've thus far read. I have another one that I purchased and will soon start reading.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-04-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have some Murakami ebooks I purchased for my Sony 505.

This is one of the few authors I will buy in First Edition Hardback (American), as well as in ebook (when available).

Don
I know, but my favourite "South of the Border, West of the Sun" isn't available anywhere, kosher or not
Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I know, but my favourite "South of the Border, West of the Sun" isn't available anywhere, kosher or not
I just mentioned David Mitchell - I was writing it as you were posting your reply.

My favorite is "Kafka on the Shore." I can't wait to go back and re-read it.

Don
Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just mentioned David Mitchell - I was writing it as you were posting your reply.

My favorite is "Kafka on the Shore." I can't wait to go back and re-read it.

Don
Great book, actually all of his books are great.

EDIT: will check out Mitchell, thanks for the tip.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
David Mitchell is a wonderful quirky writer - I too am a fan of both Mitchell and Murakami! Mitchell's books vary widely in subject matter, but I found all fascinating reads.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
David Mitchell is a wonderful quirky writer - I too am a fan of both Mitchell and Murakami! Mitchell's books vary widely in subject matter, but I found all fascinating reads.
Never heard of him before this thread, and its weird because he's from just around the corner from me (a matter of miles). A fellow Lancastrian I'll pick up his books sharpish and take a look.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
if that's the very short one beginning My birthday's the fourth of January, 1951., it is.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
if that's the very short one beginning My birthday's the fourth of January, 1951., it is.
That's the one, where is it available? On the sharing sites? Or is it some North American only Kindle deal?

EDIT: Doesn't matter, just found it Thanks for letting me know it was out there, now I can finally re-read it on my Sony

EDIT 2: Foiled again! It was just a collection of excerpts. The search continues.

Last edited by Moejoe; 09-04-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
That's the one, where is it available? On the sharing sites? Or is it some North American only Kindle deal?

EDIT: Doesn't matter, just found it Thanks for letting me know it was out there, now I can finally re-read it on my Sony

EDIT 2: Foiled again! It was just a collection of excerpts. The search continues.
don't know the work but what I found is very short - may be the same as your excerpts?

Last edited by Ned; 09-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.