Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Hi Atunah, you can press and hold the page number in the bottom right and press 5 to get there a bit more quickly. I only discovered this shortcut a couple of years after I started using Kindles.
I think Atunah knows this, but pressing the "page forward" 5 times is faster than using that facility. Different if you want to go to page 100, of course .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #32
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The collection management feature is now gone for me. Odd.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #33
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think Atunah knows this, but pressing the "page forward" 5 times is faster than using that facility. Different if you want to go to page 100, of course .
yeah, I do know the pressing. But like you said, its faster and I don't have to move my finger. . Sometimes I do have to page through, even faster to make sure the book isn't in any other collections anymore but "read". I do try to take them out once I start reading it.

I still have the collection feature as of now, at east on this computer. Sometimes I see different things on my desktop and on my netbook.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #34
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The collection management feature is now gone for me. Odd.
Amazon is punishing you because of your Calibre KFX plugin

I still have it (tried on 2 PCs & same Amazon account), and it still has infinite "loading animation" when trying to open a collection that has only USB sideloaded (non Amazon & non-archived) books. Which is the only collection I have ("read", used only to declutter of Cover View).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #35
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
This sounds like a great development, once it reaches Amazon UK
Also, once collections reach Kindle for PC/Mac
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #36
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Also, once collections reach Kindle for PC/Mac
What do you mean by that? Collections work just fine on my Kindle for PC, and they always have.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #37
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
What do you mean by that? Collections work just fine on my Kindle for PC, and they always have.
As far as I know collections in Kindle for PC are local. They do not sync with the common cloud collections associated with your account that all of the newer devices and apps support.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #38
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Stupid question, is there a way to view my books on Amazon with thumbnails instead of just list?
Thanks.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #39
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
As far as I know collections in Kindle for PC are local. They do not sync with the common cloud collections associated with your account that all of the newer devices and apps support.
hmmm...you're right. I just noticed that I can't find any collections that I've created recently--it actually looks like since Cloud Collections were introduced.

I don't actually use K for PC much anymore...I used to use it mainly to manage my collections before Cloud Collections were introduced. In the old days, you could create and populate a collection on the PC, and then import it onto your Kindle, and your books would be sorted on the Kindle. I guess that doesn't work anymore. I don't even see an option to import collections on any of my devices, and in K for PC I only have the option to import from my old Kindle Keyboard, which I don't even use anymore.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #40
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
On the other hand, the current Cloud Collections can be managed from "Kindle for iPad" somewhat faster than on my kindle, and they then apply to all your kindle devices. I remember initially setting them up that way.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #41
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Collections management is now present on my Amazon account too. Very nice!

I have one collection called "TrashMe" for books which are SOOO bad (imho) that I want to delete them, lest I ever see them again. Up till now, I hadn't bothered to actually DO some of those deletes, because the collection was only on the kindle, and the deletion occurs on Amazon.com (ie from my desktop). Having the ability to SEE my collections on my Amazon account made it easy to see the 6 books in that "TrashMe" collection ..... and to actually delete them from my account!

I'll play with the Cloud management more, later.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Problem is, the collections in Kindle for PC (the only place where I have them) don't appear there.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #43
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, switching from a K3 (keyboard) to a Voyage two years ago, I had that same issue. The original collection concept was local to each device (or program). I spent a long time re-doing my collections in the new Cloud regime. Which is, granted, much nicer if you have more than one kindle or want to read "in the cloud" on a desktop. But the transition was painful.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #44
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah, switching from a K3 (keyboard) to a Voyage two years ago, I had that same issue. The original collection concept was local to each device (or program). I spent a long time re-doing my collections in the new Cloud regime. Which is, granted, much nicer if you have more than one kindle or want to read "in the cloud" on a desktop. But the transition was painful.
OMG I had a horrible time when cloud collections came about. There are posts here somewhere and on Kboards of my screeching about it. .
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #45
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

I saw an update to this today on Amazon:

Quote:
Cloud Collection Management launched for Audiobooks and Personal Documents. You can now create and edit cloud collections with audiobooks and personal documents from Manage your Content and Devices page.