Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 01:42 AM   #1
hashken
hashken began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen
Remove unused folders in Calibre Library

I use Dropbox to backup my Caibre Library. With the latest sync, something got screwed up and I have a bunch of folders under various authors which correspond to books I no longer have in the library.

Is there a way for Calibre to check against it's database and point out to those folders in the library that are not used by it?
hashken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@hashken - click library icon, Library maintenance->Check library - it runs in 3 phases, first is very quick, 3rd phase will list mismatches between what is in the database and what is in the author book folders.

If you run dropbox whilst using calibre this is what happens, best thing is to put Dropbox to sleep before starting calibre and wake it when you exit calibre.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 03:42 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can reset Calibre Library back to a known good situation, as described here: https://github.com/eli-schwartz/dropbox-restore

Personally I favor using Library Maintenance and tracking down the messed up book records, since otherwise edits are lost. Chances are you just need to delete the listed folders, but it is possible (?) there will be missing formats listed as well, in which case you will need to put them back in the right place.

But I did use the linked tool one time when I accidentally synced a second computer and ended up with a billion edit clashes. All I wanted to do there was roll the changes back anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
hashken
hashken began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@hashken - click library icon, Library maintenance->Check library - it runs in 3 phases, first is very quick, 3rd phase will list mismatches between what is in the database and what is in the author book folders.
That worked perfectly
hashken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, empty folder, library backup