Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
EBook_Ernie
EBook_Ernie began at the beginning.

Device: calibre 0.9.38 x64
Cannot convert .lit to .epub

Hi. Have same problem but use Win Vista x64. So linux etc. comments n/a. Hlp. Pls. ??
EBook_Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I just downloaded a free .lit from Baen and had no issues under Windows 7, 64 bit using calibre 0.9.38.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBook_Ernie View Post
Hi. Have same problem but use Win Vista x64. So linux etc. comments n/a. Hlp. Pls. ??
You're going to have to provide more detail. You almost certainly do not have the same exact problem as someone using this program over 130 versions and almost 3 years ago.

The problem in the previous thread was a Linux user not installing to his system per calibre's recommendation. You have Windows Vista x64. I suggest you install and run the 32 bit version of calibre and see if that makes a difference.

Moderator Notice
Moved your post to its own thread. The thread you posted to is almost 3 years old and 130 versions of calibre ago. There was an Old Thread Warning below your reply window that you either didn't see or chose to ignore. As a general rule necroposting should be avoided.

Quote:
Old Thread Warning
Quote:
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-10-2013 at 02:27 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
EBook_Ernie
EBook_Ernie began at the beginning.

Device: calibre 0.9.38 x64
Hi again

Well, er... First of: I'm virginally new to e-book reading/processing, having always rather preferred the paper ones, so I don't know squat about the entire issue.

I recently embarked on an effort to recreate my onetime (paper)library in e-book version. Bluntly by searching for and ripping every book I remembered, or that I found and fancied. (Hate DRM).

Anyway, most that I found were .PDF but others, predominantly in .lit were most commonly from archives. Now I'm thinking, maybe the archived files were damaged? Or maybe even there was a snag in downloading the respective torrents. Because Calibre does import them, but will not show them properly, or at all.

Not being impaired by any knowledge on the subject, I then thought it must be an incompatibility issue with Calibre, and so I sought to convert from .lit to .epub. using Calibre standard settings. This did not go well at all. Quite aside from DRM, apparently something else was interfering. Of course I did not trust myself to change the settings, because I'm still so ignorant. This is as much detail as I can currently provide, sorry.

Again, using Calibre 2.0.9.39.0 x64 on Windows Vista x64.

Can you please advise?

Thanks again,

E.M. Verheij.
EBook_Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You need to give more details on the exact errors you are getting. I convert .lit files with no problems. However I have found that many .lit files are damaged - and then they obviously have conversion problems.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert