Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #211
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
It is mounted in /mnt/sd isn't it? Couldn't you unmount it before nickel and remount before reader.lua?
Right, that might do it, if nickel doesn't do its own looking and mounting.

I'm not that familiar with Linux Shared Objects or Linux in general, so I doubt I could find a way to do that, on my own.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #212
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I am looking to stop Nickel from processing the contents of the external uSD card
This is exactly what happens, if you put everything into a hidden folder, as suggested by Markismus.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #213
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is exactly what happens, if you put everything into a hidden folder, as suggested by Markismus.
So, make a hidden folder in the root of the external uSD card, say "Books"
or perhaps ".Books" ( when nickel reads the FAT32 formatted external uSD card wouldn't it be seeing the file/folder attributes as they are for windows?)

Wouldn't this deny the external uSD card to Koreader as well?

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #214
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
So, make a hidden folder in the root of the external uSD card, say "Books"
or perhaps ".Books" ( when nickel reads the FAT32 formatted external uSD card wouldn't it be seeing the file/folder attributes as they are for windows?)

Wouldn't this deny the external uSD card to Koreader as well?
No, it wouldn't, .kobo e.g. is hidden and you can see it in koreader.
But i doubt it is as simple as that to create a hidden folder, cuz I am pretty sure Kobo tries to process files when I just did some changes in koreader or kobolauncher folders
But I have not really made any tests in that direction and can be wrong.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #215
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
No, it wouldn't, .kobo e.g. is hidden and you can see it in koreader.
But i doubt it is as simple as that to create a hidden folder, cuz I am pretty sure Kobo tries to process files when I just did some changes in koreader or kobolauncher folders
But I have not really made any tests in that direction and can be wrong.
Koreader looking at the Fat 32 (windows) partition on the internal uSD card can read the .kobo folder because it is not hidden in the FAT 32 file format. If I were to set the hidden attribute, I doubt that Koreader would see that folder. For the same reason, I think nickel, would react the same. Or maybe they both pay no attention to the Hidden attribute. I know that nickel does honor the read and write attributes.

I can give it a try, I have plenty of SD cards and I needn't use one with a lot of files to do the testing.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-12-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #216
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[ot]Completely ot, but I think I saw somewhere once some talk about the possibility to run Kobo on NTFS instead of FAT32, but I can't find the thread anymore (not even sure it was here in this forum).
Was that successfull? Anyone knows the link?[/ot]
Old 07-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #217
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nooo.... there was no talk of NTFS; rather there was discussion on how to change the mount scripts to accept an external card in ext3 / ext4 format.

One major issue though with that was the usbmounting to a PC; if the external SD card is in NON fat32 format, then the host (Windows) would have to have drivers to understand the file system used on the SD card.

See Hacking SD card file system

Last edited by PeterT; 07-12-2013 at 02:54 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #218
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Nooo.... there was no talk of NTFS; rather there was discussion on how to change the mount scripts to accept an external card in ext3 / ext4 format.

One major issue though with that was the usbmounting to a PC; if the external SD card is in NON fat32 format, then the host (Windows) would have to have drivers to understand the file system used on the SD card.
Ahhh, thanks...
Old 07-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #219
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:

See Hacking SD card file system
Not really much of a problem (with the drivers you mentioned) for an SD with just ebooks in folders. But it wouldn't effect my problem any, I would still need to have Koreader able to read the SD and Nickel ignore it.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #220
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ken; what happens if you just change the extensions on the ePubs say to MyPubs and then try to add a custom mapping like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred01 View Post
I tried your changes and i can confirm it works like a charm. I also went ahead and added zips as cbz (DocumentRegistry:addProvider("cbz", "application/cbz", PdfDocument)) and that also works perfectly.
Not sure what exactly you would add in to the registry but it's a thought.

With luck Kobo woun;t scan non standard extensions, while KoReader will.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #221
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
It is mounted in /mnt/sd isn't it? Couldn't you unmount it before nickel and remount before reader.lua?
I could try changing koreader_kobo.sh to this:

#!/bin/sh
export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

# we're always starting from our working directory
cd /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/

# export trained OCR data directory
export TESSDATA_PREFIX="data"

# export dict directory
export STARDICT_DATA_DIR="data/dict"

# stop nickel
killall nickel

# mount external SD and finally call reader
mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8 /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sd
./reader.lua "$1" 2> crash.log

# Unmount external SD and continue with nickel
umount /mnt/sd
reboot
---------------------------------------------

Not sure I want or need the "/dev/mmcblk1p1"

I'll give this a try after awhile.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #222
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Buuuttttt.... If you're rebooting at the end of script then what's the point of the umount right before it.

The card will be remounted when the device reboots
Old 07-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #223
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Koreader looking at the Fat 32 (windows) partition on the internal uSD card can read the .kobo folder because it is not hidden in the FAT 32 file format. If I were to set the hidden attribute, I doubt that Koreader would see that folder. For the same reason, I think nickel, would react the same. Or maybe they both pay no attention to the Hidden attribute. I know that nickel does honor the read and write attributes.
I am not sure whether I understand your problem. Maybe there is also a problem of terminology on my side. It is enough to put a dot at the beginning of the directory name, no need to set a hidden attribute. Nickel does see such directories, for instance .kobo, but it does not scan them for books.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #224
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
The dictionary is working in the 273 version on the Aura!! Even better the german dictionary is working using the Duden files from Stardict.

Only problem is the umlauts. ü is represented by \u00fc, ä by \u00e4 etc. (Unicode code points apparently) Anyone knows how to straighten this out? Lua doesn't support unicode, so I've tried to substitute ü with \195\188 (unicode to UTF-8 as described in Beginning Lua Programming, p192) but that only gives \195\188 instead of \u00fc. Nor does replacing ü with \xc3\xbc work, nor with ü or ü or ü.

Why is the text in the reader displayed as it should and the text in the dictionary not? It is not the font. I changed cfont in font.lua to georgia.ttf (which I copied to font/freefont directory first) and it still \u00fc.

I've made a version of duden.dict where ü is replaced by ue, ä by ae, ß by ss and ö by oe. This seemed to work, until I found out that it messes up the index and you do not end up at the beginning of a definition anymore.

Last edited by Markismus; 07-14-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: found extra info
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #225
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Buuuttttt.... If you're rebooting at the end of script then what's the point of the umount right before it.

The card will be remounted when the device reboots
That's what I am afraid will be the case. If you know how to prevent it being mounted in Nickel, I would love to hear it.

Luck;
Ken