Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
Kyobo reader problems

Just got my Kobo reader exported (to the US) from a Korean reseller. I followed Nate's instructions over at The Digital Reader to install my own ebooks on a microSD card. It worked great when I put a couple of books on the card, I was able to access them and read them fine (although Nate's review was correct that the Kyobo reader app crashed a couple of times). However, I added more books to the card and now the reader app doesn't list any more than the original two books. I'm also getting a lot of force closes in the reader app directory screen now. I tried taking everything off the card and recreating the Import directory, but it still only sees the original 2 books. There must be a way to get it to rescan the Import directory on the card. Any ideas or similar problems?
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, it seems the problem was the SD card. I tried a different one and it works fine.

Now the problem I'm having is that the reader has died on me twice. Nate at the Digital Reader has experienced the same thing. The battery had nearly a full charge and when I went to wake the reader up after it had been asleep for just a few minutes I got nothing. The first time it happened I put it back on the charger for a few hours and it started working again. This time I've had no luck reviving it so far. Anyone else experienced this?
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
zinj
Connoisseur

Now a new problem: I can't upgrade the firmware. I get the installation progress bar and it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get to about 20% (as expected), then it jumps to 100% and then reboots. When I check the build number nothing has changed. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
zinj
Connoisseur

Still a no go for the upgrade. Any of you other Kyobo owners out there experience a problem like this? What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
sscir020
sscir020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kyobo ereader
damaged micro SD can be reformatted in settings-storage(or damaged sd card notice on top of screen) or by computer.
update_******.zip should be renamed as "Update.zip".
books not in .epub format such as .txt,.doc can be viewed using apps in SD card browser apps ( after firmware update (rooting), can download and install apps).
sscir020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert