Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
epub vs. others

Somewhere I noticed that PDF is much more acceptable to lots of readers.
ePub scores low...............why? I hate reading pdf on a 7" screen.
Am I missing something?
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
I have wondered the same as you. For e-books purchased from my employer's site, PDF is (and was, for years) the most requested.

My guess is that this is because, until recently, people were not familiar with ePub (or mobi, for that matter). They didn't have readers or reader software for them, but nearly everyone had Acrobat Reader or something.

Nowadays, both stand-alone readers and reader software for virtually any platform are available. However, so is purchase direct from Amazon, Barnes-Noble, and the like. So we don't see the demand for PDF on our site that we used to. Overall, sales from all channels combined are overwhelmingly MOBI format (for us, that is. But most likely others too).

And yes, I agree with what JSWolf is about to post, namely that ePub is far superior to MOBI (or PDF) for use on an e-reader.

Last edited by st_albert; 10-12-2011 at 06:57 PM.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert