Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 02:45 AM   #3181
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #3182
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

..........................Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim25.PNG
Views:	170
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	118012
“You backbiting, poisonous, treacherous, deceitful,
wicked, clever girl. If this works I'll buy you a pony.”
― Jim Butcher, Summer Knight

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #3183
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
........................Attachment 117928
“I still can't believe," Michael said, sotto voce,
"that you came to the Vampires' Masquerade
Ball dressed as a vampire.”
― Jim Butcher, Grave Peril

Actually, he went dressed as a cheesy vampire :-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #3184
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Actually, he went dressed as a cheesy vampire :-)

Best regards,
Andy
To be precise:

Quote:
“Not just a vampire,” I said, “a cheesy vampire. Do you think they got the point?” I managed to peer past the spotlights enough to make out Thomas and Justine at the foot of the stairs. Thomas was staring around at the courtyard with undisguised glee, then flashed me a smile and a thumbs-up.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #3185
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Skin Game release date countdown:

EDIT: changed the book link to show the ebook version, which I just noticed is now available for pre-order on Amazon!

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-16-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #3186
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Haha, not to screw up the countdown for "Skin Game", but does any of you have a release date for "The Aeronaut's Windlass"?

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #3187
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Haha, not to screw up the countdown for "Skin Game", but does any of you have a release date for "The Aeronaut's Windlass"?

Best regards,
Andy
Nope, sorry. It's still being written; in the earlier stages I'd imagine.

We won't know for a while yet.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #3188
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Almost finished with Ghost Story and read an intriguing sentence.
Quote:
"Temple dogs have been known to live for centuries," he replied. "Your friend is more than capable of protecting her for a lifetime - even a wizard's lifetime, if need be."
Spoiler:
Since this is said by Uriel, I take particularly care of the wording. To me it implies that Maggie has a kind of option of becoming a wizard. It might be that she can choose are that events choose for her. It does correspond with the fact that Charity 'choose' not to go further with it. The second option is more interesting though, especially storywise...

Last edited by Toxaris; 01-17-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #3189
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Spoiler:

Since this is said by Uriel, I take particularly care of the wording. To me it implies that Maggie has a kind of option of becoming a wizard. It might be that she can choose are that events choose for her. It does correspond with the fact that Charity 'choose' not to go further with it. The second option is more interesting though, especially storywise...
Just wondering...are we not wrapping these kinds of things in Spoiler Tags anymore? If so, we should have the title of the thread changed to reflect that this thread may contain spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the books yet.

Last edited by leanansidhe; 01-17-2014 at 08:58 AM.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #3190
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just pre-ordered Skin Game!!! Woohoo I'm so excited! $15.99 for Skin Game is way better than Cold Days which was $18 and change.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #3191
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Skin Game ebook Edition now available for Pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I just pre-ordered Skin Game!!! Woohoo I'm so excited! $15.99 for Skin Game is way better than Cold Days which was $18 and change.
Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) [Kindle Edition] by Jim Butcher.

Nook version available as well.

Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15)
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author).

Last edited by alansplace; 01-16-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #3192
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Wrapping things in Spoiler Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Just wondering...are we not wrapping these kinds of things in Spoiler Tags anymore? If so, we should have the title of the thread changed to reflect that this thread may contain spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the books yet.
Yes, I agree. IMHO, we should be doing that. A couple of weeks ago red_phoenix pointed out that I hadn't protected some info that should have been hidden with spoiler tags. I thanked him for pointing it out and embarrassingly repaired my faux pas immediately (like I've done in the above quote). Of course the quote within the quote doesn't show in this post so I couldn't put it in spoiler tags as it isn't here.

I don't think renaming our thread is necessary or even desired, but naming an individual reply (post) to reflect spoiler status is probably a good thing, IMHO.

Last edited by alansplace; 01-16-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #3193
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yes, I agree. IMHO, we should be doing that. A couple of weeks ago red_phoenix pointed out that I hadn't protected some info that should have been hidden with spoiler tags. I thanked him for pointing it out and embarrassingly repaired my faux pas immediately (like I've done in the above quote). Of course the quote within the quote doesn't show in this post so I couldn't put it in spoiler tags as it isn't here.

I don't think renaming our thread is necessary or even desired, but naming an individual reply (post) to reflect spoiler status is probably a good thing, IMHO.

I changed my reply, I didn't realize I could use spoiler tags when quoting someone else...oops!

Skin Game Release in...

130 DAYS!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #3194
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher at FaerieCon East 2013 on Writing

Published on Nov 15, 2013

This is part 1 of his talk on writing--Heroes and the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists and Antagonists

This is part 2 of his talk on writing--Heroes and the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists and Antagonists

Last edited by alansplace; 01-17-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:18 AM   #3195
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

...............Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim46.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	118054
“How long have you been a Wiccan?'
'A what?'
'A pagan. A witch.'
'I'm not a witch,' I said, glancing out the door. 'I'm a wizard.'
Sanya frowned. 'What is the difference?'