Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
ldz
ldz began at the beginning.

Device: prs 350
why my prs 350's internal time always got faster?

recently I bought a prs 350.
it has wonderful touch screen and nice look.
but there's a problem troubles me a lot,the internal time prs 350 has is always half an hour faster than the normal time.
when I set it back, the time will go wrong within a day.
can anybody help me out?
btw I flashed my prs 350 with some fonts already.
ldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
tmaldo
tmaldo began at the beginning.

Device: sony 350
Every time that has happened to me on the past with any device, I've found out that I didn't have the correct time zone in the settings.
tmaldo
tmaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
If it's a half hour off, make sure you haven't got your timezone set to Newfoundland.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Or your labrador.............
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
ldz

yeah I set my timezone to the right one I have.
and I found out that every time I connect my 350 with computer then the time changes.
maybe because the timezone in the 350 and my computer differs.
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #6
ldz

I still got this problem when I set the right timezone with my computer.
And I found out that when I connect my 350 to my computer then the time goes wrong.
Anyway to figure it out?
Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldz View Post
I still got this problem when I set the right timezone with my computer.
And I found out that when I connect my 350 to my computer then the time goes wrong.
Anyway to figure it out?
Are you using the Sony Reader Library software with your 350? It used to happen to me. I couldn't conclusively figure out why it was happening, but it might have had something to do with daylight savings in my timezone at the time. Solution? I stopped using the software.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
PHughes
PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PHughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300 PRS-350 Kobo H2O Kobo Clara HD
I use Sony's software and my time is dead on with the computer. I use a Mac.
PHughes is offline   Reply With Quote