Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
scalpelplease05
scalpelplease05 doesn't litterscalpelplease05 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Newbie has no clue....

Hi,
I have no clue as to what I'm doing! What is Caliber? How do I get books from places like manybooks and feedbooks? What are more places to get books? I have the Reader Library (i guess that's sort of like iTunes for my ereader)

Heather
scalpelplease05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Hi and Welcome!

The Reader Library is quite a bit like iTunes (organizationally speaking) - it will show you what you've bought/uploaded into your library. If you have any books from other locations, and they are formatted in a way the Sony can read, you can import them thru the Library - if you're using a Windows version, look under the 'File' button for an 'Import File' function.

There's a whole board dedicated to Calibre on this site - here - that would probably be the best place to ask questions.
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
You should see if your local public library has downloadable ebooks you can borrow.

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 12-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Congrats on your new 350!
Here is how to get public domain books. Visit a website like feedbooks.com or manybooks.net. Find the book you want and you will see links to download the book in its detailed description page. Download the file format EPUB to wherever you want to keep your books on your hard-drive. I use the folder Documents/My Books/Reader Library. Once the book is downloaded, then you can drag and drop it from the folder where it is stored onto the Library icon inside the Sony Reader Library software. You are correct that it is very similar to iTunes. You will even see a + sign at the bottom of the left-hand column. Use the + sign to create a Collection of Books just like you would create a Playlist of Songs in iTunes. Good luck! The people here are friendly and will help if you have problems.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
scalpelplease05
scalpelplease05 doesn't litterscalpelplease05 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Thank you!
scalpelplease05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Welcome to MR. I hope you love your new 350.

IMO the best place to get free books is right here on Mobile Reads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...&sort=dateline

Any BBeB/LRF or EPUB book will work.

To get the books on your reader, you can use a lot of different methods. I personally prefer the Sony Library software. You add books to your Library using the File menu "Import Book" option.

The library is set to sync all books to your 350 automatically.

Optional: you can add titles to "Collections" by:
1. click the plus button at the bottom left of the software
2. name the collection
3. drag titles from the Books category (which lists all books you've imported) to the Collection name in the left navigation pane.

If you want to sync only certain Collections:
1. With the reader connected, click the down arrow button next to the reader in the left navigation pane. The reader's collections display
2. click on the Synch listing under the Reader. You'll see checkboxes for each collection and type of content
3. click the boxes to turn on and off various collections, pictures, etc.

Hope that helps.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote