Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Transfering files to Kindle 3 over WiFi

Hi everyone,

I don't like cables - there, I said it. I like to send files wirelessly to my device(s). I'm using the @free.kindle.com to send mobi and other stuff to my Kindle 3, but I just realised that this will not work for PDF - they would get converted by Amazon, and I may want to keep the originals

Is there any intrepid Linux hacker that can get the documents folder mounted on smb or something and make it accessible via wireless network? Is that feasible at all?

Thanks

g.
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Look at the DropBox and PogoPlug treads. You can use your Kindle to download content you have saved in the cloud. The Calibre Server may also work for you.

Last edited by daffy4u; 10-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
usbnetwork + sshfs.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiyoforward View Post

I'm using the @free.kindle.com to send mobi and other stuff to my Kindle 3, but I just realised that this will not work for PDF - they would get converted by Amazon, and I may want to keep the originals
The PDFs will only be converted if you use Convert as the email subject, otherwise they will be sent untouched to the Kindle.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...00505520#email
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
thanks everyone!
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyer View Post
The PDFs will only be converted if you use Convert as the email subject, otherwise they will be sent untouched to the Kindle.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...00505520#email
Thank you, I sent them some files, and I wrote another subject, then my PDFs returned to me.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote