Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #76
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchCarrier View Post
Just for the record, I have already experienced a hangup twice when reading downloaded HTML files (two different ones, normal web pages without scripts or Flash). The first time I could switch off the PB with the power button, but the second time I had to reset it with the Reset button.

I hope this will get fixed soon. In the mean time I'll try to restore the previous firmware.
I am thinking about that myself.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #77
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
No, there is no roadmap feature, sorry.

The Pocketbook firmware is essentially very stable. The resetting problem only has risen it's ugly head with the last firmware version. We are currently trying to find out the exact problem and resolve that problem.

As for the library book feature, please suggest thus feature in the special feature suggestions.
Is this a thread here at mobileread, I have searched for "special feature suggestions" without any luck, can you please guide me?
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #78
babe
babe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505, Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Just for the record, I have already experienced a hangup twice when reading downloaded HTML files (two different ones, normal web pages without scripts or Flash). The first time I could switch off the PB with the power button, but the second time I had to reset it with the Reset button.

I hope this will get fixed soon. In the mean time I'll try to restore the previous firmware.
Same here. in the last two days 3 reboots and 2 bad hangups which need the reset button.
So, I'm also waiting for a fix.
babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #79
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
No, there is no roadmap feature, sorry.

The Pocketbook firmware is essentially very stable. The resetting problem only has risen it's ugly head with the last firmware version. We are currently trying to find out the exact problem and resolve that problem.

As for the library book feature, please suggest thus feature in the special feature suggestions.
I found the thread: (tip: I checked what "babe" had posted)
"Ticket-Liste mit bekannten Fehlern und notwendigen Verbesserungen."
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65207

I have studied German (28-30 years ago) and I can understand a bit as it has similarities with Swedish.

But don't you think it is a pity that now when it seems that more and more people all around the globe starts to buy PocketBook readers and most of these people don't understand German that there are no common place in English for this?
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #80
batgirl
Enthusiast
batgirl doesn't litterbatgirl doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook360
Add me to the hangups and reboots with the new firmware update. Once or twice a day. Mostly using ADE.
batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #81
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I got a hangup while booting up; it never got past the startup screen.
I got another in the keymapping utility.

No hangups in FBReader, but I did get a rendering corruption about 20% from the bottom of the screen. One page I'm reading fine, the next I get one line rendered twice and overlapping the next. Paging back resulted in a clean display, paging forward past that point brought the error on every page. I shut down and restarted and finished the book and a whole new one with no problems.

Not sure what changed in the core OS from 14.2 to 15, but something's gone wonky. I *never* had the core OS glitch in 5 months under 14.2. And the only time I was able to crash FBReader was by feeding it over 500 fonts...

Hopefully the glitch will get ironed out soon.

Last edited by fjtorres; 03-23-2010 at 12:45 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #82
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

14.2 is still available here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64636
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #83
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
I'm going to try this. I've used my PB360 for a week and already have had to reset abt. 10 times. Plus I've had problems with both Adobe viewer and FBreader - they fail to open files (either .lit converted to epub or epub created from rtf in calibre). I've had a little more luck using prc/mobi in FBreader, but still several crashes using this. Finally, twice I've picked the PB up in the morning and have had to reset as it didn't respond.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #84
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I'm going to try this. I've used my PB360 for a week and already have had to reset abt. 10 times. Plus I've had problems with both Adobe viewer and FBreader - they fail to open files (either .lit converted to epub or epub created from rtf in calibre). I've had a little more luck using prc/mobi in FBreader, but still several crashes using this. Finally, twice I've picked the PB up in the morning and have had to reset as it didn't respond.
Oh, I guess the problem may be an empty battery. Please recharge your battery really well. The new firmware will be available today or tomorrow, so things should be more stable from there. We apologize for the trouble you all are having.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #85
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, I guess the problem may be an empty battery. Please recharge your battery really well. The new firmware will be available today or tomorrow, so things should be more stable from there. We apologize for the trouble you all are having.
Okay, I'll wait until tomorrow. One of the times it locked up was when I let it charge overnight when I got it. I've just kept it topped up since then.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #86
mishaikin
mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
The new firmware will be available today or tomorrow, so things should be more stable from there.
Attached is the latest Bulgarian language file (2 days old), if possible to include in the new firmware
Attached Files
File Type: txt bg.txt (31.7 KB, 564 views)
mishaikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #87
Ea
Wizard

For anyone still having problems: I downgraded to v. 14.2 a couple of days ago and it's been fine since. So until there's a new fixed version ready and verified to give no problems, you could simply install v. 14.2 instead.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #88
ArchCarrier
ArchCarrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
The new firmware will be available today or tomorrow, so things should be more stable from there.
Any news?
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #89
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Any news?
302 firmware coming up tomorow, 360°/301+ right behind.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #90
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Thank you. After a seamless function since I bought it, my MM fell today prey of its two first hangings ever, both of them solved with a swift press of the reset button with the paper clip I have inside the battery compartment for such use.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote