Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #931
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54321 View Post
Also my serial number starts with B024, as I see from reading past threads. I'd also like to make it clear I am applying the correct KUAL launcher file, the one for the PW, applying certs and rescue .bin files one at a time, etc.
Short answer: Read the "required" part of the top post.

Longer answer:
Open the spoiler titled:
Here is the list of things you must have installed. 4 In Total.

Install **all** files in the "prerequisites" bundle (one at a time). **Including** the "Kindlet Jailbreak".

The much longer answer:
You probably do not have everything installed that you thought you did, since ota updates where happening more or less at the same time, so - start over:
1) Turn on "airplane mode" - leave it turned on
2) Remove any Update_*.bin or Install_*.bin from user's USB storage area.
3) Put Amazon's version 5.3.4 firmware update.bin package on root of storage area, "update" back down to 5.3.4 (link to off-site archive of Amazon releases in the "Jailbreak" first post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=1 ).
4) **LEAVE AIRPLANE MODE ENABLED**
5) Now open that blue spoiler and start following the directions. All of them.

Last edited by knc1; 07-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #932
mike54321
mike54321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Thanks, but I managed to find the correct files. I have KUAL working now.

It appears the problem was with the first post at the top, especially the linked prerequisites. The linked zip does not contain the correct prerequisites for newer kindle releases.

I was able to download the correct files from:

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1210

I suspect that one key problem is that the prerequisites on the first page does not contain the file:

update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin

but instead devcerts from an earlier time (12002)?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Short answer: Read the "required" part of the top post.

Longer answer:
Open the spoiler titled:
Here is the list of things you must have installed. 4 In Total.

Install **all** files in the "prerequisites" bundle (one at a time). **Including** the "Kindlet Jailbreak".

The much longer answer:
You probably do not have everything installed that you thought you did, since ota updates where happening more or less at the same time, so - start over:
1) Turn on "airplane mode" - leave it turned on
2) Remove any Update_*.bin or Install_*.bin from user's USB storage area.
3) Put Amazon's version 5.3.4 firmware update.bin package on root of storage area, "update" back down to 5.3.4 (link to off-site archive of Amazon releases in the "Jailbreak" first post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=1 ).
4) **LEAVE AIRPLANE MODE ENABLED**
5) Now open that blue spoiler and start following the directions. All of them.
mike54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #933
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54321 View Post
I suspect that one key problem is that the prerequisites on the first page does not contain the file:

but instead devcerts from an earlier time (12002)?.
No. Looks like a classic case of PEBKAC to me.

Code:
ixtab@mbp:/tmp/kual2$ wget -O prerequisites-all-supported-devices.tar.gz 'https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105945&d=1368713367'
--2013-07-12 20:09:40--  https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105945&d=1368713367
Resolving www.mobileread.com (www.mobileread.com)... 67.205.70.12
Connecting to www.mobileread.com (www.mobileread.com)|67.205.70.12|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 95334 (93K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `prerequisites-all-supported-devices.tar.gz'

100%[==================================================================================================================================================================================================>] 95,334       250K/s   in 0.4s    

2013-07-12 20:09:41 (250 KB/s) - `prerequisites-all-supported-devices.tar.gz' saved [95334/95334]

ixtab@mbp:/tmp/kual2$ tar xzf prerequisites-all-supported-devices.tar.gz 
ixtab@mbp:/tmp/kual2$ ls *.bin|sort
update_dx_B004_devcerts_install.bin
update_dx_B004_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_dx_B004_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_dx_B004_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_dxg_B009_devcerts_install.bin
update_dxg_B009_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_dxg_B009_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_dxg_B009_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_dxi_B005_devcerts_install.bin
update_dxi_B005_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_dxi_B005_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_dxi_B005_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k2_B002_devcerts_install.bin
update_k2_B002_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k2_B002_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k2_B002_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k2i_B003_devcerts_install.bin
update_k2i_B003_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k2i_B003_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k2i_B003_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B006_devcerts_install.bin
update_k3_B006_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B006_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k3_B006_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B008_devcerts_install.bin
update_k3_B008_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B00A_devcerts_install.bin
update_k3_B00A_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k3_B00A_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k3_B00A_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k4_ALL_devcerts_install.bin
update_k4_ALL_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k4_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k4_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_uninstall.bin
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_uninstall.bin
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak__uninstall.bin
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #934
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I just looked at that stuff in details two days ago myself, and set it up on 5 different devices a few days before that, I concur: everything's there, and up to date .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #935
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
One of the things I always wanted to see in KUAL were categories. Having too many options/extensions (I have 55) in the launcher sometimes forces you to remember which page is the application you're looking for at - thus how many times you have to press the next page button.

And I'm not sure if this would work, but perhaps caching the list items would also help speed up launch time of the launcher itself, with an option to force a list update.
Again, I'm not sure if OS-level filecache is in effect here.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #936
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotitan View Post
One of the things I always wanted to see in KUAL were categories. Having too many options/extensions (I have 55) in the launcher sometimes forces you to remember which page is the application you're looking for at - thus how many times you have to press the next page button.

And I'm not sure if this would work, but perhaps caching the list items would also help speed up launch time of the launcher itself, with an option to force a list update.
Again, I'm not sure if OS-level filecache is in effect here.
What is the version of KUAL that you are looking at?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #937
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[4/16/13 3:35 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,728 KB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[4/17/13 12:56 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 78,572 KB

[4/19/13 1:32 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,728 KB

[4/19/13 2:21 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 79,148 KB

[4/19/13 6:30 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,836 KB

[4/20/13 2:42 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,576 KB

[4/20/13 2:44 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 74,292 KB

[4/20/13 8:04 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,552 KB

[4/20/13 5:06 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 77,400 KB

[4/22/13 3:33 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 76,488 KB

[4/22/13 9:30 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,360 KB

[4/23/13 1:00 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,060 KB

[4/24/13 2:30 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Task exceeded maximum duration of 5000 MILLISECONDS

[4/24/13 2:31 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[4/27/13 4:11 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,852 KB

[4/28/13 11:50 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 77,272 KB

[4/29/13 10:10 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,740 KB

[4/29/13 2:05 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,140 KB

[4/29/13 2:06 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 74,588 KB

[4/30/13 6:52 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[4/30/13 9:12 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/6/13 3:21 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,444 KB

[1/1/13 2:40 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/9/13 8:50 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/16/13 2:01 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,168 KB

[5/17/13 7:09 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,984 KB

[5/17/13 2:21 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 76,140 KB

[5/17/13 2:34 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 76,084 KB

[5/17/13 5:03 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,760 KB

[5/17/13 5:10 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 78,324 KB

[5/20/13 8:43 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/27/13 3:19 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/27/13 3:19 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/27/13 7:36 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/28/13 5:57 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/28/13 6:03 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 75,008 KB

[5/28/13 6:10 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/28/13 6:12 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/28/13 6:12 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 76,284 KB

[5/28/13 6:33 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[5/29/13 7:19 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,768 KB

[5/31/13 1:45 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 81,816 KB

[5/31/13 1:56 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 78,076 KB

[5/31/13 7:14 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 74,260 KB

[5/31/13 7:27 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,500 KB

[5/31/13 7:45 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 74,828 KB

[6/1/13 1:44 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,564 KB

[6/1/13 6:49 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,724 KB

[6/1/13 6:50 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,412 KB

[6/2/13 6:45 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 74,252 KB

[6/2/13 7:38 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,836 KB

[6/3/13 2:58 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/3/13 7:05 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/3/13 7:29 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/5/13 10:00 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/6/13 12:56 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/6/13 12:56 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/10/13 2:16 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/10/13 2:29 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/10/13 2:58 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,384 KB

[6/10/13 11:44 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 77,272 KB

[6/10/13 12:00 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,860 KB

[6/10/13 4:33 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/10/13 4:35 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/11/13 9:15 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/13/13 9:00 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/15/13 3:03 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[6/21/13 6:55 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 73,092 KB

[6/23/13 2:01 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 76,480 KB

[6/23/13 9:20 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,032 KB

[6/25/13 2:55 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 72,608 KB

[6/25/13 4:28 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 71,740 KB

[7/2/13 10:26 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[7/3/13 6:09 PM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

[7/11/13 3:15 AM] Kindle Launcher (v. 0.4)

Old 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #938
knc1
Going Viral

Ancient history there, try the posted version 2.0 please
Top post has it in the attachments and top post has update instructions.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #939
Cykotitan
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot, that's much better! I had some KUAL from March 2013. I really like the categorization and the changes in look & feel.

Only thing I needed to do was fix 3 menu.json files which I edited, it seems KUAL no longer tolerates commas after the last array item.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #940
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotitan View Post
Thanks a lot, that's much better! I had some KUAL from March 2013. I really like the categorization and the changes in look & feel.

Only thing I needed to do was fix 3 menu.json files which I edited, it seems KUAL no longer tolerates commas after the last array item.
Super!

I thought that we had improved that.
See - we read your mind about what you would request today, <<-- our crystal ball.

You are correct about the dangling commas.
In fact, one or two of my own buttons have (or had) dangling commas.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #941
wilvic
wilvic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
im noob

..hi sir, i'm new here and i'm maybe yes i'm noob.

but one thing i encounter is when I click the link for prerequisite, it goes to a page that says

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

i'm referring to this link
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...5&d=1359588492

..i hope you can lead me to the right way. i cant move forward without the prerequiste . i've jailbroken my kindle 3 and that's as far as i can get. i want to try KUAL
wilvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #942
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@wilvic: Just scroll down to the bottom of the first post and get it from there, it's attached to the post. The link is simply outdated.

Thanks for the hint... I'll update that post now.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #943
tombates
tombates began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with KUAL and KPDF.

I've installed Jailbreak, Kindlet etc... and KUAL - that's all working.

Downloaded the Kindlepdfviewer and placed in extensions - KUAL correctly lists it.

I can enter KPDF and get the following options:

Start in Documents
Open Last Document
/

Which looks great - navigate to a book! Though, when I click either 'Start in Documents' or '/' it dumps be back on the Kindle OS start page that lists all my books (a filepath briefly flashes up in the bottom left of the screen before this occurs).

As a side note - I tried installing Duokan before Jailbreak and KUAL but without success (though I believe it partially installed as the .bin file disappeared during the update process). Could this be something to do with my issue?

I have a K3, FW 3.4

@knc1 has very kindly tried helping me with this issue so far in another thread - moved here as now more relevant. He mentioned @Hawhill may have some words of wisdom?

Thanks all,

Tom
tombates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #944
knc1
Going Viral

The KUAL launcher simply runs shell commands -

There is (or should be) a DK_System/bin/Uninstall.sh script left on your device from the partial Doukan install.

That **might** do the clean up job - just going by the name.
(I have zero experience with Doukan)

I seem to recall that someone wrote Kual buttons in support of Doukan, it may already have a button to run the uninstall script.

If not, then it should not be hard to write a "button" that runs that script for you.

PS: Do not panic!
This is a K3 and Kubrick can re-flash a factory image (takes awhile, but it does do the job).

I am not suggesting that you are up to the "Kubrick stage" yet - just keep in mind that it provides a way to recover the device if things go from bad to worse.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #945
tombates
tombates began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Great all good - think that may have done the trick, working now
tombates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified