Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I wish we could get this on the Kindle Fire

Very Cool
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, I saw that. I can't wait to get it on my ICS setup. That will be amazing.

I have this for now though and am pretty pleased with it.

I think the 7" screen will be a bit small for most things though.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I saw this thing when I was putzing around on Kickstarter. I think that interface looks great. But, the size of the Fire's screen seems a bit limiting. Either way, I'd like to see it come to fruition.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Aiden Wallace
Aiden Wallace began at the beginning.

Device: none
Awesome !
Aiden Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah, I saw that. I can't wait to get it on my ICS setup. That will be amazing.

I have this for now though and am pretty pleased with it.

I think the 7" screen will be a bit small for most things though.
Ok Jessica... you can't just drop that screenshot in without describing whatchagot there!

Are you running an ICS ROM or is it an ICS-themed CM7? And what are the widgets running?

I'm running an ICS-themed CM7 and am really enjoying it.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Ok Jessica... you can't just drop that screenshot in without describing whatchagot there!

Are you running an ICS ROM or is it an ICS-themed CM7? And what are the widgets running?

I'm running an ICS-themed CM7 and am really enjoying it.
It's an ICS ROM with the 3.0 kernel.

BeWeather & Widgets Pro for the forecast at top, an edited version of Flipboard's widgets (because they are too watermark happy) (I'm using two of each), and Beautiful Widgets for the time.

As for the launcher, it's Apex Launcher

And I'm using Notification Toggle (you can't see it) to have shortcuts to my most used apps on the notifications.

I'm probably going to start over and try and fit more.

EDIT: And so I did. Haha.

Poweramp's 4x1 widget stretched out, Any.DO, and Android Pro Widgets.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 05-21-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow lol looks Amazing!
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It's an ICS ROM with the 3.0 kernel.

BeWeather & Widgets Pro for the forecast at top, an edited version of Flipboard's widgets (because they are too watermark happy) (I'm using two of each), and Beautiful Widgets for the time.

As for the launcher, it's Apex Launcher

And I'm using Notification Toggle (you can't see it) to have shortcuts to my most used apps on the notifications.

I'm probably going to start over and try and fit more.

EDIT: And so I did. Haha.

Poweramp's 4x1 widget stretched out, Any.DO, and Android Pro Widgets.
Thanks! Which ROM are you running? I've been looking into a few of the more popular ICS ROMs and they all appear to have one issue or another.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Thanks! Which ROM are you running? I've been looking into a few of the more popular ICS ROMs and they all appear to have one issue or another.
I'm using the gedeROM, but I think I like Hashcode's a little better because there's a few things here and there on the gede one. They all have issues, but are still usable as they are.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"They all have issues, but are still usable as they are. "
Hi what are some of the issues?? just curious
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Hi what are some of the issues?? just curious
It drains a little fast. Unlike the stock which lasts for hours upon hours. That and random reboots. I don't get the charging issue, I never use the plug for the wall, but it's another thing too.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow! Let's email Amazon and request this
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Jessica Lares
Wizard

And here it is under Jelly Bean on my Fire. Mind the Celsius, forgot to change it.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Mine is looking like this:
only a statusbar at the bottom, in the ROM there is a quicknavbar which shows up as soon as you touch the bottom line, at the place you touch the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120721_1425.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	90165  
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Mine is looking like this:
only a statusbar at the bottom, in the ROM there is a quicknavbar which shows up as soon as you touch the bottom line, at the place you touch the screen.
Ah, yes, LOVE being able to hide the navigation bar.