Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
inertia
inertia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Blogging about self-promotion for authors

Edited to reflect my response. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I was incorrect as to where I was able to put this.

Last edited by inertia; 03-10-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There is a thread in the Author Self-Promotion section in which advertisements for your blog are appropriate. Please note that the Writer's Corner is not it.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
inertia
inertia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to advertise my blog (have edited the post). I was just merely trying to get questions from people trying to navigate the online promotion process.

I'm fixing this matter shortly.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
This is not rocket science. If you have something to say to authors, go ahead and say it. Don't tell people "leave MobileRead and go to my blog to see what I have to say." That's just a promotion for your blog, and you know it's a promotion for your blog. How did you not mean to advertise your blog when your whole post was nothing but an advertisement for your blog?

Saying "oops, wrong section, I meant to post that in Self-Promo" would be the right thing to do. "I didn't mean to post a promo for my blog, even though my entire post was nothing but a promo for my blog" requires us to be a whole lot dumber than we are to believe it.

We have a whole section here for "people trying to navigate the online promotion process." It has questions. It has answers. What it doesn't have is advertisements for people's blogs, and it should stay that way.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTICE:

We all make mistakes.

With that in mind, this thread is closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread