Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
I'm no programmer either, but I'm afraid there is more to it, otherwise it would be a question of minutes to port s.th., not weeks
surely agree with that, and perhaps I wasn't clear enough: my question was whether this port for 302 is already "universak enogh" that it would also go for the new models with minor tweaks - If I understood correctly, adapting it for the 360 only required a change in the keymap, but perhaps I misunderstood...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
I'm no expert in these matters and have no new Pocketbook to test it.
But my understanding is, that while the old models were all binary compatible, the new ones are not. (Did anyone try it?) So you have to at least recompile them. But that is not as easy as it should be, as there is no SDK yet for the new models.
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
I'm no expert in these matters and have no new Pocketbook to test it.
But my understanding is, that while the old models were all binary compatible, the new ones are not. (Did anyone try it?) So you have to at least recompile them. But that is not as easy as it should be, as there is no SDK yet for the new models.
The two SDKs that were cobbled together by LoneTech and sergeyvl12 work pretty well. I've been using them fairly heavily, and haven't run into any problems yet (as far as compatibility with the new devices goes). I really don't expect the official SDK release to be that different, except that I really hope that it comes with more documentation than in the past. So far, I've had to find out many of the details by trial and error. Anyway, any code that builds for the older models can be ported pretty easily right now for the newer models. The biggest difference would be in the button mappings (and maybe in the touch pen support; I don't know if the older models support it or not).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #19
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
The older and newer models are not binary compatible. This has been tested a few times. But yes, if the source code of programs are available that run on the older models than it is little effort to port it to the newer models. All my changes to the djviewer run on both platforms because I've compiled them with two different compilers from a very similar source code (only a few changes in the make scripts).

Paola, I'm afraid but there is no such thing at the moment as an universal application. (Technically it is to some extend possible to have "universal" applications but they depend on virtual machines (e.g. java) or interpreters (e.g. perl). But generally you will have the best experience if you compile the the programs for directly for your platform.

Reader42 was so kind and send me the source code of his modifications. So I might be able to try it tonight to compile it for the 90x, 60x series. Thank you reader42 for sending the sources and for porting it.

It would be interesting to hear how JimStar has ported his code. Reader42 spend quite some time on developing his own plugin/interface for the communication with the screen. There is however a plugin called nano-X which apparently didn't compile on the older model. So if this plugin compiles on the newer devices this might make things more stable. I had already a try at the nano-X plugin but it depends on a good number of libraries but I didn't have enough time to follow it up.

So now it shouldn't be too difficult to compile Reader42 port (and it's dependencies) in the next few days.

Last edited by review; 03-10-2011 at 06:07 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
YEAH! Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
The older and newer models are not binary compatible. This has been tested a few times. But yes, if the source code of programs are available that run on the older models than it is little effort to port it to the newer models. All my changes to the djviewer run on both platforms because I've compiled them with two different compilers from a very similar source code (only a few changes in the make scripts).

Paola, I'm afraid but there is no such thing at the moment as an universal application. (Technically it is to some extend possible to have "universal" applications but they depend on virtual machines (e.g. java) or interpreters (e.g. perl). But generally you will have the best experience if you compile the the programs for directly for your platform.

Reader42 was so kind and send me the source code of his modifications. So I might be able to try it tonight to compile it for the 90x, 60x series. Thank you reader42 for sending the sources and for porting it.

It would be interesting to hear how JimStar has ported his code. Reader42 spend quite some time on developing his own plugin/interface for the communication with the screen. There is however a plugin called nano-X which apparently didn't compile on the older model. So if this plugin compiles on the newer devices this might make things more stable. I had already a try at the nano-X plugin but it depends on a good number of libraries but I didn't have enough time to follow it up.

So now it shouldn't be too difficult to compile Reader42 port (and it's dependencies) in the next few days.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
well, didn't I say it was probably a silly question?!

Quote:
Probably your best bet is a private message, I very much doubt he will want to say much.

Quote:
that would be amazing!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
Well the only thing that needs to be done, is adjust the keymaps.ini
I have been looking at the keydefs.ini file.
Names of keys for PB360 are clear, I think.

There is one thing I do not understand.
How do I define a keymap for long press of a button?
There is definition in keydef.ini
Code:
#######################################
# key modifiers

LONG = 1

#######################################
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

port for 60x

this is reader42 port of coolreader now compiled for the 60x series. I haven't modified the source code in any way. Just adapted the compile options.

As reader42 pointed out this is beta (which means in other words: developer edition and not yet intended for production systems). When I compiled it for the 60x series I noticed some errors in the jpeg library which the pocketbook uses and the version which coolreader uses. This of course means that images are not displayed. I've run reader42 binary on the 302 and compared it with the attached version for the 60x series and the appearance is pretty much the same (for example also no images in epub files).

So what doesn't work in reader42 edition also doesn't work in my compilation of his code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3-60x.zip (3.04 MB, 357 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Working keymaps.ini for PB360

I have been trying and experimenting.
Here is keymaps.ini that is usable on PB360.

In main view - reading book.
Upper big button = page forward
Lower big button = page back
D-pad Right = page forward
D-pad Left = page back
D-pad Up = Increase font size
D-pad down = Decrease font size
OK = menu

in menu and dialogs
Upper big button = OK. Accept changes in this menu and go to upper level menu
Lower big button = Cancel. Discard changes in this menu and go to upper menu level
D-pad Right = next page in multi-page menu
D-pad Left = previous page in multi-page menu
D-pad Up = Go up - that is select menu item above this one
D-pad down = Go down - that is select menu item below this one
OK = Enter. Execute menu item or go to submenu

One thing I was unable to do is long press of keys.
According to documentation the syntax is like this:
KEY_PREV, LONG = DCMD_PAGEUP, 10
It just doesn't work.

There are many, many more functions than physical buttons, so you will have to remap according to your usage. You can map right Right and Left to select links in Book view mode and Up and Down to follow the link and go back. See file keydefs.ini, it should be obvious what various items do.

Use my first attempt to experiment. I have changed the file perhaps 10 times before I found working combination of keys. If you make interesting changes, post your version.

Thank you reader42 for great work.
Coolreader is perfectly usable on PB630 even in this early beta stage.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keymaps.ini.zip (797 Bytes, 480 views)

Last edited by kacir; 03-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
review
Addict

@Attention of all 60x users:
kacirs keymaps are the correct one to use for those devices. The original keymaps dont work on the 60x but those of kacir work quite nicely.

Thanks kacir!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #26
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
well done all of you!!
not having any more karma to give, I'm sending you positive vibes..
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #27
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi I replaced the original keymap with kacir's, but I only get forward / back / up / down. Did I do something wrong

And I changed font and size but nothing happened
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #28
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Hi I replaced the original keymap with kacir's, but I only get forward / back / up / down. Did I do something wrong

And I changed font and size but nothing happened
What device do you have?
What doesn't work and where (menu, book reading)?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #29
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I've got a 602 and installed reviews port.
While reading single page flipping works with page forward/backward and left/right. 10 pages turn doesn't work. Fontsize is up/down. OK opens the menu and long press return (the small one on the left) returns to library or wherever you started the book.

Menu works up/down/left/right, but the cursor only appears with up/down, and page forward/backward to exit. The status bar in the main menu says "1..8 - choose command / ?, ? - close", in the settings menu "press 1..8 to change Position / ? to apply, ? to cancel".
Being on a menu-subpage, there is no escape, only long press on the "return" button gets me out and then the last read page is gone.
Keymapping in Menu shows only "?" and "Long?", and I can't change a thing.

I tried to vary font, size and hyphenation, but as soon as you leave the menu it all sets back to previous values.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #30
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
One thing I was unable to do is long press of keys.
According to documentation the syntax is like this:
KEY_PREV, LONG = DCMD_PAGEUP, 10
It just doesn't work.
That's because the code does not support it. But it's on my todo list.

Quote:
I tried to vary font, size and hyphenation, but as soon as you leave the menu it all sets back to previous values.
For the settings menu to work, you need a OK-button. If you change something in the settings you have to leave the menu with the OK-Button (MCMD_OK) and not with the ESC-button (MCMD_CANCEL).

And the info about keymapping is for the old version and does not display any useful information.
And there my be parts in the menu, where you can't go back...
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote