Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Screen Saver on the rooted nook

One thing I always liked about the Kobo was that when you put it to sleep it displayed the book cover of what you were reading.

Is this possible on the nook? I have a feeling it would be pretty hard to do, but thought I'd throw the question out there!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Augh! I'd love that feature . I remember a number of us requesting that feature for 1.5 (unrooted) on the B&N forum. No way it made the cut (at least for sideloaded docs) - it's far too logical .

Shouldn't be impossible for the rooted firmware though, considering the near miracles the nookdevs team has already wrought with it . I do hope some wizard takes this on. It would be the tipping point for me to finally break down and root already .

Heck, a brute-force way (that I'd probably resort to in my own inimitable and unenviable script-kiddie fashion if I knew enough about the Android OS, which I don't ) would be to have a special, system-controlled screensaver folder with the cover file for the currently opened book overwriting the previous file every time a book is opened. The user would have to select this special screensaver (say, named "bookcover") for this to happen. If no cover is found for the current book, the s'saver defaults to the last used s'saver. Of course, there's probably a million more elegant ways to do it. A thousand virtual cookies to the dev who does this
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or another way, which is very roundabout, and would take time....you could copy the jpg over manually to the nook, and make that the only file it would display LOL.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
This would be a great feature
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Or another way, which is very roundabout, and would take time....you could copy the jpg over manually to the nook, and make that the only file it would display LOL.
I thought of doing that (really! ) but I'm in the middle of several books at any given time (and flip between them given the prevailing mood). I guess a set of "currently being read" book covers as a screensaver would be a poor man's fix for now
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

I may do a screen saver with all the current covers that are on the nook...I don't know how people can read more than one book at a time LOL.