Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #106
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Is there a specific site that gives these numbers?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #107
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Which numbers?

Overdrive usually has a "view all ebooks" link and we post the total here. It's a compilation of MR member posts.

If you know of a public library that should be included on the list (>5000 ebook titles), please post and I'll add it to the list. All very unscientific and just used for entertainment and bragging value.
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #108
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Which numbers?
Sorry for being vague; I meant these numbers, for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Manchester UK http://manchesterdownload.lib.overdrive.com/
Ebooks
Fiction 967
Non-fiction 600
I have no info to impart but was curious to know if the figures came from Overdrive or if each library posted their numbers somewhere on their site.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #109
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I had thought, too, that you seem to have some sort of an "in" with Overdrive to get the updated numbers directly or something.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #110
kbrand
Enthusiast
kbrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
I wasn't sure if these numbers were total ebooks, or total overdrive entries.

Pike Peak Library in Colorado Springs now has 7474 total overdrive entries.
epub=1742
pdf=2009
mobi=305

the remaining are audio books
kbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #111
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I had thought, too, that you seem to have some sort of an "in" with Overdrive to get the updated numbers directly or something.
I just look them up like everyone else. I have the pages bookmarked and open them all up at the same time.

Overdrive won't even talk to me. I've called them but they don't talk directly to the public except through their blog. Their rep said for me to speak to my local library Director for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrand View Post
I wasn't sure if these numbers were total ebooks, or total overdrive entries.

Pike Peak Library in Colorado Springs now has 7474 total overdrive entries.
epub=1742
pdf=2009
mobi=305

the remaining are audio books
I count unique titles for consistency. Currently Pikes Peak's Overdrive has 3682 titles. A good number.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #112
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wonder why DC Library has stopped adding eBooks? I'm going to have to call them and ask. I'll do so later today or tomorrow. I keep meaning to call, but keep getting involved in other things.
they just added a bunch sometime in the last week or so.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
they just added a bunch sometime in the last week or so.
And all rubbish too except one that is the 3rd in a series where they do not have 1 or 2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #114
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
My library, Hennepin County MN, started out slow, but has come on strong as of late. We're now up to 5,500 titles, all ePub.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #115
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
National Library of Singapore: 18,719
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #116
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Brooklyn Public Library has had no new ebooks since December, I believe. I wonder if they had a lot of budget money to use up at the end of the year last year and this year they have no budget for ebooks?? They have certainly had big budget cuts.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Seattle Public Library

EPUB & PDF eBooks = 20,621
Mobipocket eBooks = 5,115

WMA Audiobooks = 10,775
MP3 Audiobooks = 3,223
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #118
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Aberdeenshire UK : Nil !
I see 697 titles available now, if I have the correct library.

http://aberdeenshirelibraries.lib.ov...en/default.htm

Old 02-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #119
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Updated the list. We have 2 new entries. Singapore debuts at #4 and Hennepin sneaks in but I now have too many to list so will have to drop a few next month.

All libraries except Brooklyn added titles.

Cleveland moves far ahead of the pack.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #120
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
>>All libraries except Brooklyn added titles.

where's the crying smily? Eventually I will need to get an NYPL card, but for now I still have lots of titles on my wish list and on hold.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote