Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
editing library entries

I notice whenever I add books to the library, even those grouped by author, will appear in numbered rows with the last book entered being number one and not neccessarily in the sequence with which they were loaded.. My problem is: many of the entries have the same author and need to be grouped one under the other. I can not find anyway to classify the books either by author or title. Is there a simple way of re-arranging the entries so all authors of the same name are together? Thankyou
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjt View Post
I notice whenever I add books to the library, even those grouped by author, will appear in numbered rows with the last book entered being number one and not neccessarily in the sequence with which they were loaded.. My problem is: many of the entries have the same author and need to be grouped one under the other. I can not find anyway to classify the books either by author or title. Is there a simple way of re-arranging the entries so all authors of the same name are together? Thankyou
1) Click the (any) Column header to sort by that column.

2) Use the Tag Browser (Authors in this case) to see JUST that Author. (the authors do need a consistent Name and Sort value set)

You should really watch the grand tour Video (link on the Calibre site Help page)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert