Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #1171
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
When you buy a black-listed Kindle, you get what you deserve.
No one has (yet) successfully managed to gain access to the serial port functions, so until that happens, there is no repair possible.
Just remove the battery now to prevent over discharging and wait until someone figures out how to gain access to the serial port functions.
OR
just ebay it to somebody else.

Last edited by knc1; 12-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #1172
arina.surkova.94
arina.surkova.94 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
When you buy a black-listed Kindle, you get what you deserve.
No one has (yet) successfully managed to gain access to the serial port functions, so until that happens, there is no repair possible.
Just remove the battery now to prevent over discharging and wait until someone figures out how to gain access to the serial port functions.
OR
just ebay it to somebody else.
No, it's not blacklisted device with previous user working(not yet) account.
arina.surkova.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #1173
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arina.surkova.94 View Post
No, it's not blacklisted device with previous user working(not yet) account.
You can't know if it is blacklisted until you try to add it to your Amazon account.
If you have added it to your Amazon account, then you know what the serial number is, since it is listed on your Amazon account.

I.E:
*) You post that you do not know the device's serial number...
*) So you have not added it to your Amazon account...
*) Which means you can not tell if it is blacklisted or not.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #1174
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
*) Which means you can not tell if it is blacklisted or not.
It comes not cleared with prev user active account.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #1175
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday

Quote:
It comes not cleared with prev user active account.
None of which matters here because we do not have the information required to support de-bricking that model device.

PS: "KT3" is not the same as the "K3" listed in the topic line here.
You are in the wrong thread for your device.

Last edited by knc1; 12-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #1176
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
None of which matters here because we do not have the information required to support de-bricking that model device.

PS: "KT3" is not the same as the "K3" listed in the topic line here.
You are in the wrong thread for your device.
Yes, I know, but didn't find thred which can help me.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #1177
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday

Quote:
Yes, I know, but didn't find thred which can help me.
Upper left of first page is a button labeled: "New Thread".
Press that one.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #1178
vlamark
Junior Senior Member
vlamark began at the beginning.

Device: K2 & K5
Hello, I have Kindle Touch and TTS on it was not working. I've tried many things, even contacted Amazon, but nothing helped. So I tried with Kubrick, however, I was able to restore old firmware but partition with books and TTS is unavailable - requires formating.
EDIT: It appears that it is fully functional, but I can't mount it on pc, hence I can't update fw or upload books, so my K5 is as good as bricked.
EDIT2: I've found the way to upload books from Calibre web server through Experimental web browser, so it is definitely something wrong with formatting of partition that should have been fat32. If at least there was a way to push other files on it, I would be pushing update.bin-s on it

Help me please

Last edited by vlamark; 01-25-2020 at 01:27 PM.
vlamark is offline   Reply With Quote