Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
I haven't read them yet, but the Jo Nesbo 'Harry Hole' books are available as ebooks from Waterstones and WHSmith.
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #17
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Not booky, but.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I'm such a Wallander tragic that I loved them both but I see what you mean. I couldn't work out why they made the British series so soon, but a friend told me it's because lots of people won't watch subtitled film. Go figure.
We now have "The Killing" [ "Forbrydelsen" in Swedish - I hope that's right ! ] and that is, again, superb.
[I find sub-titles are far better than watching dubbed drama.]

Sadly, I don't think it's taken from a book - but, unsadly, they have already ordered series 2 .
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I'm such a Wallander tragic that I loved them both but I see what you mean. I couldn't work out why they made the British series so soon, but a friend told me it's because lots of people won't watch subtitled film. Go figure.
i personally prefer foreign films with subtitles instead of dubbing or a remake of the series (i mean, if the original was foreign)
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #19
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Bump......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #20
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The English translation of The Long Ships by Frans G. Bengtsson is available as an ebook.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #21
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The English translation of The Long Ships by Frans G. Bengtsson is available as an ebook.
That's a really good book about Vikings . I remember we were required to read it in school many years ago.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #22
Anders
Enthusiast
Anders will become famous soon enoughAnders will become famous soon enoughAnders will become famous soon enoughAnders will become famous soon enoughAnders will become famous soon enoughAnders will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
The Runeberg project provides a lot of public domain books in swedish. Unfortunately not .epubs. But if you are interested to create your own:
http://runeberg.org/

Otherwise I have troubles finding sites that provide free ebooks in Swedish. Thank you Adoby for the link to "las-en-bok.com". As you say they only have .pdf. Does anyone have good tips where I can find legal free .epub in Swedish?

If anyone is into swedish comics, I just uploaded "Jesusevangeliet" (The gospel of Jesus) here on MR:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125935
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Apart from libraries, no I don't know anywhere. The library does have around 1100 ePubs though (not counting the "classic" collection that may have more - haven't checked it out), most of them Scandinavian authors. 28 days lending period, no waiting lists, just jump in and borrow. (If you live in Sweden or have a friend/relative that does and can get a library card, that is.)
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
swedish authors