Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Linux Calibre, plugins after update?!?!

Ok so i recently switched the task of managing my calibre library to my linux box. After getting my plugins installed etc a few days later I get the notification for the update to 0.8.48 so I did and now my plugins are gone, as are preferences etc. I installed the update to the same directory did I do something wrong?
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That type of information is stored as Calibre preferences under the current user. Are you sure you are still logged in with the same user as was previously used?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
rahlquist
Enthusiast

Then I must be doing something wrong because every time I update I get the new install wizard etc. Just went in and setup the server, exited calibre, ran the update line

sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info[0] > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main()"

Then relaunched and poof its like a bran new install.

I am running as root but shouldn't it still be saving settings?

What folder are the settings put in?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
Then I must be doing something wrong because every time I update I get the new install wizard etc. Just went in and setup the server, exited calibre, ran the update line

sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info[0] > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main()"

Then relaunched and poof its like a bran new install.

I am running as root but shouldn't it still be saving settings?

What folder are the settings put in?
you are running as root AND using SUDO?

The settings are stored in .config/calibre in the users home folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
rahlquist
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
you are running as root AND using SUDO?

The settings are stored in .config/calibre in the users home folder
LOL thats what i get for just copy pasting straight from the calibre web site. Yes I ran the last update with sudo. I found the settings in ~/.config/calibre I see my current settings and will back them up before the next update.
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
LOL thats what i get for just copy pasting straight from the calibre web site. Yes I ran the last update with sudo. I found the settings in ~/.config/calibre I see my current settings and will back them up before the next update.
Most people don't run as Root.
The Sudo, when done from a normal user account works perfectly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote