Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Summer Sale [UK only]

I'm kind of amazed no one has posted this yet - or maybe it's been posted elsewhere and I missed it - but Amazon.co.uk have yet another summer sale on of books ranging between 99p and £3, including some amazing bargains. Details here:

Kindle Summer Sale

I can particularly recommend Chris Beckett's The Holy Machine (one of the best, most intelligent sf novels I've really in really quite a long while), Gary Shteyngart's Super Sad True Love Story, Jeff Vandermeer's Finch, Science & Islam: A History, by Ehsan Masood, and Charles Yu's How To Live Safely In A Science Fictional Universe, all 99p.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
Thanks for posting! I hadn't seen this either. They have some great things. I have to rest my clicky finger now ;-)
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 04:40 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you for pointing this out. I see that it also includes Susanna Clarke's superb "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" at £2.99. I recently bought this for the normal price of £6.17 and considered it a bargain at that price!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Thanks a lot for that just got a few . Am still waiting for a book to fall below the Pbk price before I buy it still over £7.00 .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
Any ideas - perhaps from previous sales - about how long this is likely to last?

I've just bought about a dozen books, but there are several more that look interesting but where I'd like time to read the sample chapters before buying, not least to winnow them down to a reasonable number.
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I think they usually last maybe two weeks, but I can't be sure. There have been others that usually lasted that long.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
It lasts till the end of this month July.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
Henry Flower
Henry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Actually the sale lasts until the end of August, but the books will change at the end of July. Whether that makes one big sale or two smaller ones stuck together is a matter of opinion!
Henry Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's good news - twice the opportunities to browse!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Storm27
Connoisseur

Just a reminder that this sale ends tonight - and the August offerings are different from the July ones in case anyone hasn't checked them out. (I must have bought 20 to 30 books at between £0.99 and £2.99 each)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
*marinates in UK envy*
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote