Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Nobel author Mario Vargas Llosa now available on Kindle

A number of Mario Vargas Llosa's works are now available on Kindle.

Most of my collection of English First Editions are in a climate-controlled storage, so I was happy to see that Kindle now has some of his works available.

After he won the Nobel Prize in Literature, there was nothing available in an ebook format.

If you enjoy some outstanding (and challenging) literature, then I highly recommend his work.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Great news!

Now - if only Jorge Luis Borges would get "Kindle-ized"!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'll check it out. thanks for the reco
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
A number of Mario Vargas Llosa's works are now available on Kindle.

Most of my collection of English First Editions are in a climate-controlled storage, so I was happy to see that Kindle now has some of his works available.

After he won the Nobel Prize in Literature, there was nothing available in an ebook format.

If you enjoy some outstanding (and challenging) literature, then I highly recommend his work.

Don
Thank you Don. This is the second time that I stumble upon Mario Vargas Llosa in few days. So this is destiny that is talking to me. I never read anything of him yet. But he sponsored the last book I read "Nobility of Spirit: A Forgotten Ideal" by Rob Riemen and now your note.
I checked on Amazon and I found 3 books, not in Espanol.

The bad girl
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter
The Feast of the Goat

Which one to buy and to read? Do you feel like advising me?
Ciao
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
There are a lot more than 3 in English, but they're all spread out and intermixed with the Spanish editions for some reason.

Go through all the screens.

I would recommend "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter" as a first read. It's a very accessible read and a lot of fun.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #6
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
There are a lot more than 3 in English, but they're all spread out and intermixed with the Spanish editions for some reason.

Go through all the screens.

I would recommend "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter" as a first read. It's a very accessible read and a lot of fun.

Don
Will do. Thanks
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote