Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I want the Kobo they haven't made yet. 6" water proof, 8 GB or more, preferably flush screen, 300 dpi, whatever else they want to add is fine. I am ready to buy it. While I don't normally drop ereaders in toilets or take baths with them, I like the added security of water proofing. So until Kobo makes what I want, I will stick with the devices I have now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #62
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't think the Aura HD had a flush screen? The wiki says zForce, which I believe is IR.
Yup, the HD was IR and did not have a flush screen.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #63
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I've been hoping to see signs of the release of an H2O v3, with a better, more responsive screen, but I don't see signs in this thread of that anytime soon. So I bought a Forma, which means the announcement of a new H2O will come any day now. Fortunately, with a couple of reservations, I like the Forma quite a lot. It's got a beautiful screen and it's very responsive.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #64
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't think the Aura HD had a flush screen? The wiki says zForce, which I believe is IR.
At any rate, not all Auras have a flush screen, which is the point I was trying to make.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #65
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Am I the only one who isn't really a fan of the flush-screen? I prefer having a bezel...gives me something to grip.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #66
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
Am I the only one who isn't really a fan of the flush-screen? I prefer having a bezel...gives me something to grip.
I've beginning to figure something out ... after collecting two billion ereaders -- I like whatever eReader I happen to be using. Especially if they have a good, dark font. (I'll make an exception for the Sony PRS-700 and 600s ... murky.)

Now it's time to start getting rid of the excess. All my eReaders stored in an outside shed in Texas since February have charged successfully, so I'm happy about that. (And a bit surprised, considering the age of some of them.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #67
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I like the flush screen Tolino Visions. I've got an Epos and Glowlight Plus (2015) up in Idaho that I haven't seen yet.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #68
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I agree....reading on the three I currently use there is virtually no difference to my enjoyment level. People say the Voyage screen is better than the PW4...not to me. They may be a trifle sharper than my Kobo Aura H20, but the difference, if any, is insignificant.

On the other hand, I found out the other day that I simply can't read on my Kobo Mini any more. I really need the light. Which I feel is a darn shame, it's a beautiful little thing, with a 16 gb storage card (which is excessive, of course) and I just can't read on it. I'm not going to sell it, though. I would regret it. I always regret selling my ereaders, and still wish I had the majority of them, even though I would never read on them. (That Jetbook was so adorable! I really wish I still had it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I've beginning to figure something out ... after collecting two billion ereaders -- I like whatever eReader I happen to be using. Especially if they have a good, dark font. (I'll make an exception for the Sony PRS-700 and 600s ... murky.)

Now it's time to start getting rid of the excess. All my eReaders stored in an outside shed in Texas since February have charged successfully, so I'm happy about that. (And a bit surprised, considering the age of some of them.)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #69
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I like the flush screen Tolino Visions. I've got an Epos and Glowlight Plus (2015) up in Idaho that I haven't seen yet.
I like the flush screen because crumbs and/or dust that gets caught between the bezel and the screen bugs me.

Anyway, I think the Plus (2015) wouldn't bug teija. It has a decent sized bezel and the pebbled border is very grippy.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #70
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I like the flush screen because crumbs and/or dust that gets caught between the bezel and the screen bugs me.
That's one huge advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Anyway, I think the Plus (2015) wouldn't bug teija. It has a decent sized bezel and the pebbled border is very grippy.
I'm looking forward to seeing mine. Also looking forward to buying a few books from B&N Nook in (probably a futile) attempt to help keep the market available.

Last edited by rcentros; 08-21-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #71
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
A new Kobo cleared the FCC Friday morning. Based on what I found online, I think it's going to be called the Kobo Libra H2O.
https://the-digital-reader.com/2019/...lears-the-fcc/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #72
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
A new Kobo cleared the FCC Friday morning. Based on what I found online, I think it's going to be called the Kobo Libra H2O.
Interesting!

Thanks for the info.

We'll see...
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #73
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Very interesting. I'll definitely wait to hear more before Christmas shopping.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #74
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I've been hoping to see signs of the release of an H2O v3, with a better, more responsive screen, but I don't see signs in this thread of that anytime soon. So I bought a Forma, which means the announcement of a new H2O will come any day now. Fortunately, with a couple of reservations, I like the Forma quite a lot. It's got a beautiful screen and it's very responsive.

Jim

Yup....lol.....though I had a feeling and i still think we will see another Kindle this year ..
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #75
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Libra - for September? Keeping my fingers crossed.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote