Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #226
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Post deleted.

Last edited by celticchrys; 03-04-2019 at 10:17 AM.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #227
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
While this is really a matter of forum etiquette, it could easily be interpreted as touching on the political. The term "Snowflake" and selective outrage come to mind. That there seems to be a generation of very tender egos who can feel "bullied" by a little "snark" in a forum post, or are at least willing to claim a victim status, to further their argument. Looks embarrassingly wimpy to me. But then I was a Platoon Sergeant, for many years, and may not have the level of sensitivity expected, in today's PC culture.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #228
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I read personal computer culture first. Lol.

I have been following this thread and its derailment by complainers quite closely and I agree with most of what you wrote. However, after mentioning Platoon Sergeant and knowing its connotations in popular culture, I can’t help thinking you’re creating a perfect post to support the bullying aspect.

I’ve seen a few forum names pass that have helped me in the past and I know have helped a lot of other forum members. So please remember, I and a lot of other readers are still very grateful for your posts. Thanks!

Last edited by Markismus; 03-05-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #229
Dierre720
Dierre720 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis
does this method work for the forma
Dierre720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #230
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierre720 View Post
does this method work for the forma
Which method? the One click install for KOReader and Plato? Installing KSM and then KOReader and/or Plato?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #231
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Question: any alternative readers that is able to access/read the 'collections' for books?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #232
Ron B.
Ron B. began at the beginning.

Device: Aura 132 Gb
How would one port the open source code for the HP48, an excellent old high end scientific calculator, to a kobo Aura with KSM9 and Koreader?
Ron B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #233
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Do you happen to have a link? Because otherwise I can't do much better than say: it depends .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #234
Ron B.

There are links to several in the 48HP Wikipedia, down in the emulator segment. page.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_48_series.

Not sure which would be best...guessing X48 at https://github.com/dparnell/i48

Emulators[edit]
Emu48 for Windows
X48 for Mac OS X, POSIX (Unix/Linux)
i48 - HP48GX emulator for iOS, based on X48
m48 – HP48 emulator for the iPhone, based on Emu48
Droid48 – HP48G Emulator for Android, based on X48
droid48sx – HP48SX Emulator for Android, based on Droid48
An HP48 emulator – decompiler for Unix/Linux or Windows (using Cygwin) by Paul Courbis
Old 07-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #235
Ron B.

Thinking X48 at https://github.com/dparnell/i48 might be suitable.

But there are several others in the listed under emulators in the HP 48 series wiki
Old 07-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #236
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That seems fairly macOS/iOS-specific, so that one'd be a hard no.

The tricky bit is going to be the UI. If you need something else than a CLI shell, good luck .
Old 07-16-2019, 05:56 PM   #237
Ron B.

After I posted noticed link was actually directed to the i48 conversion of X48 that's at a .de site that needs a log in.
Thought there was a chance it would just be simple procedure and be nice back up for my 30 year old calculator.
Its a bit different from most calculators as it uses reverse polish notation and a stack.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #238
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Well, RPN means it's doable with a simple CLI interface, which is potentially Good News.

Plato has an RPN module, for instance .

EDIT: Or, err, does it? I was possibly thinking of https://github.com/nerdypepper/eva, oops? . Let's say: it has a calculator, though .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-16-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:01 AM   #239
shotontro
shotontro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I got a kobo glo from Aliexpress, updated it to latest firmware and the wifi wasnt connecting. So I had to reset the glo. Now, I cant find Koreader anymore.

Do I have to install the ko-reader myself?
shotontro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #240
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Most definitely, yes.