Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Thumbs up Best News/Artikel reader option

Hello Guys,

I have Kobo Glo HD, installed KSM9 with Koreader.

I am looking an option to read my artikels easily on my Kobo.

I want to download my artikels/rss feeds on my Computer (shared folder) and open on the KoReader with cloud storage (ftp/webdav etc..)

The question is;

1. Which software can i use on the PC to download artikels(RSS Feeds) automatically to the shared folder? Better option is to download that whole page as PDF or Epub so i can open that with no problem on the KoReader.

2. News reader from KoReader is not so pretty to use it because it downloads the full html file from the Rss Feeds and with no pictures in that rss feeds, you must scroll all off the text so that you can read the real artikel. Better idea is to use the Webdav or FTP to open my downloaded artikels on the Kobo.

Note: Kobo original firmware have also the option to use the GetPocket account. It downloads artikels automatically but you have no option to download such as the last 7 days and delete the oldest artikels.

Last edited by anki; 10-24-2018 at 06:01 PM.
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Recently, I made an RSS reader called Feedani.
It can get feeds from sites that support RSS and also from many that do not.
Just copy/paste the page's link to the "Add" dialog.

You can save any article by right clicking and selecting "Save page as epub".
It saves only the article part of the page.
Finally, there is a hidden option to save any page to epub (not only the feed's articles), by pasting its link to the dialog you get if you press alt+X.

Try it, and tell me what you think...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Recently, I made an RSS reader called Feedani.
It can get feeds from sites that support RSS and also from many that do not.
Just copy/paste the page's link to the "Add" dialog.

You can save any article by right clicking and selecting "Save page as epub".
It saves only the article part of the page.
Finally, there is a hidden option to save any page to epub (not only the feed's articles), by pasting its link to the dialog you get if you press alt+X.

Try it, and tell me what you think...
I have tried that. Alt+X option works really fine to export to Epub file. But can we automate that?

I need to read the artikels on the Koreader without manually click on the software on the PC to download the artikels and export one by one to EPUB is not really a solution about that.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
I have tried that. Alt+X option works really fine to export to Epub file. But can we automate that?

I need to read the artikels on the Koreader without manually click on the software on the PC to download the artikels and export one by one to EPUB is not really a solution about that.
If I understand you correctly, you would like an option to save all the newer articles to a given folder, as they arrive.
If I misunderstood you, please elaborate..

I have to think about how I could safely implement that.
Any ideas are welcome
Old 10-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
anki
Connoisseur

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, you would like an option to save all the newer articles to a given folder, as they arrive.
If I misunderstood you, please elaborate..

I have to think about how I could safely implement that.
Any ideas are welcome

Ahh that should be very helpfull. Yes, all of the articles from the last (such as 20 rss feeds) news reader to a folder. it can be also in HTML file i thing. Should be no problem so i can open in the KoReader. Otherwise an idea to downloaded news in that folder convert to Epub automatically.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
embryo
Fanatic

Updated Feedani...
Now you can set any feed you like to auto-save the newer (unread) articles to a folder.
You can choose a different folder per feed (in Properties)

Last edited by embryo; 10-25-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
anki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Updated Feedani...
Now you can set any feed you like to auto-save the newer (unread) articles to a folder.
You can choose a different folder per feed (in Properties)
Great works!! My next question is if this possible i am very happy.

- I am using IFTT www.ifttt.com to sent RSS feeds to GetPocket https://getpocket.com. IFTT will sent the article automatically to the GetPocket.

- Then I can open this RSS feeds on the KOBO nickel.

The advantage of to use the IFTT is he sent the full page of feeds with pictures to GetPocket so i can read the full artikel. If you use the normal RSS viewer you can't see the full article and you must click on the some links to read the full article.

- Do you have any option about that to get this function on the application?

As example you can use this RSS feeds. http://www.nu.nl/rss/Algemeen

https://ifttt.com/applets/CPjeDQLG-r...ss%20getpocket

https://ifttt.com/search/query/rss%20to

Maybe it should be possible at this manner:

- Find a custom website to save your RSS feeds on that website.
- Sent your RSS feeds to that website using IFTT.
- On that website get a RSS feed link.
- Put that RSS link on your application.

Should be that possible?

Last edited by anki; 11-04-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #8
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Great works!!
I'm glad that you liked it
Quote:
My next question is if this possible i am very happy.
- I am using IFTT www.ifttt.com to sent RSS feeds to GetPocket https://getpocket.com. IFTT will sent the article automatically to the GetPocket.

- Then I can open this RSS feeds on the KOBO nickel.

The advantage of to use the IFTT is he sent the full page of feeds with pictures to GetPocket so i can read the full artikel. If you use the normal RSS viewer you can't see the full article and you must click on the some links to read the full article.

- Do you have any option about that to get this function on the application?

As example you can use this RSS feeds. http://www.nu.nl/rss/Algemeen

https://ifttt.com/applets/CPjeDQLG-r...ss%20getpocket

https://ifttt.com/search/query/rss%20to
Xmm, never used IFTTT..
I'm not quite sure that I understand how it really works.
But...
Quote:
Maybe it should be possible at this manner:

- Find a custom website to save your RSS feeds on that website.
- Sent your RSS feeds to that website using IFTT.
- On that website get a RSS feed link.
- Put that RSS link on your application.

Should be that possible?
... if you do make the first 3 steps, Feedani can surely get the final RSS link and convert the resulted articles.