Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-25-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
KOReader on Aura One & Patches

I bought an Aura One almost the day they were released, so have much experience there, but none with KOReader, although I would like to experiment with its PDF display.

My question: My Aura One is heavily patched, because I like to fiddle so much with the screen display. If I install KOReader, do those patches still persist when I'm in Nickel? What worries me is that it looks like I replace a key file to get KOReader installed, and am not sure whether I would be abandoning my patches or not.

Thanks for any information.

Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Your patches will not be touched at all.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
One of KOReader's most prominent features - It is very "Fiddle Friendly".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks to both of you. In that case, I'm looking forward to adding KOReader, and will do so this week.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
gilster
Connoisseur

A question follows. I've loaded Kobo Start Menu 09, then followed by downloading KOReader: koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-stable.zip. Followed directions by unpacking the latter and sendng the koreader folder to the .adds folder on my device. But what I see now is the KSM menu listing Nickel but not KOReader, so I'm obviously missing something. Can anyone guide me?

Many thanks.

Paul
Old 03-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #6
gilster
Connoisseur

Odd -- I now see KOReader as an option, but when I press it, the screen just flashes once and the same menu continues to be displayed. Clearly I've done something wrong here. Go back and start from scratch?
Old 03-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once you have the koreader folder, from the download package, in the .adds directory of your device, KSM should see it when it is started up. You might want to try the current nightly for KOReader at "http://build.koreader.rocks/download...ec_2018-03-25/", as there have been a number of Aura One related fixes since the "stable" release. There are also versions for Kindle, you could try.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-26-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #8
gilster
Connoisseur

Thanks, Ken. I'll go get the nightly build and try that. I assume I just install over the existing KOReader folder in .adds, right?
Old 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
gilster
Connoisseur

Never mind, it's now working. And I must say, very nice! What a change of pace for PDFs. I look forward to spending the afternoon exploring KOReader.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
Thanks, Ken. I'll go get the nightly build and try that. I assume I just install over the existing KOReader folder in .adds, right?
Right, I just use the "Merge" with windows explorer, that lets me leave my settings alone, when updating. (When merging you may have to skip the History folder and the Screenshots folder, if it stops at them.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
gilster
Connoisseur

Good advice. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #12
egin
egin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
where can i find the .adds folder in my device? i connected my aura one but i cant see the folder. i have .kobo for example
egin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by egin View Post
where can i find the .adds folder in my device? i connected my aura one but i cant see the folder. i have .kobo for example
You must create the folder
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I think that KSM installs .adds dir if installed.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote