Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
kpoviv
kpoviv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
where are the basic fonts hidden? (bookerly etc)

I know how to install new fonts. But I'm not looking for that. I am looking to know where the basic or default windows fonts are. Someone knows?
Bookerly, Baskerville, Futura, Palatino, Helvetica, Amazon Ember, OpenDyslexico,etc.
PS: I don't know what kind of Kindle paperwhite I have. I only know that the firmware version is 5.13.6
kpoviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Based on your post and your posts last year, I don't think you could use the information if you had it.

If your kindle is not jailbroken there is nothing you can do and you can't jailbreak 5.13.6

If you want to know your model, see:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
kpoviv
kpoviv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have another "new" kindle if you could say, because I bought it used and I know it is an old model because the current paperwhite is all smooth. The one I have gets dust on the edges of the white screen. I read for several hours and have noticed that the thinner the letters, the easier it is for the eyes to read for longer. I read the free version of Don Quixote with the font "Courrier new" and it is much more comfortable for the eyes than using Bookerly. So I was wanting to be able to add that source to read on mobi. Can you imagine that I don't want to have books in azw3 because of what happened to my previous kindle, right? I lost all the notes and underlines of the books I read in it. But if you underline and leave notsa in Mobi, you can lose the kindle and recover all that synchronization, I even have the kindle app on my cell phone and all my books on mobi are synchronized with the notes that I leave on the kindle. well what i say. I am using google traslator.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l...721_144029.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r...721_144003.jpg

Last edited by kpoviv; 07-21-2021 at 01:59 PM.
kpoviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Your kindle is a paperwhite 3 (also known as PW3). If it is running firmware version is 5.13.6 you can only jailbreak by opening the case and connecting wires to the internal serial point pads on the circuit board, either by soldering or fixing in place pins stuck in foam. You also have to be comfortable typing commands in a terminal window.

After that, you need to be comfortable navigating a linux filesystem and dealing with sqashfs.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change fonts, fonts, hide settings, kindle paperwhite, model