Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
mangocb
mangocb began at the beginning.

Device: all
Exclamation HTML Help, epub check not recognizing tags.

Errors say it doesn't have closing <h1> tag. It's there, and it's driving me bananas. Help ASAP please.

IMAGE EXAMPLE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-22 174303.png
Views:	249
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	187842  

Last edited by mangocb; 06-22-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: incorrect link.
mangocb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:59 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Your line breaks are coded incorrectly. They should be <br/> not </br>. That may be part of the problem.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Your line breaks are coded incorrectly. They should be <br/> not </br>. That may be part of the problem.
I bet that's it, the error isn't saying your closing </h1> is missing, it thinks you're trying to close <h1> with </br> (sic). *Wrong* closing tag, not *missing* closing tag.

By the way, that's a very unusual way of using <h1>, OP--is this purely for aesthetics?
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
I bet that's it, the error isn't saying your closing </h1> is missing, it thinks you're trying to close <h1> with </br> (sic). *Wrong* closing tag, not *missing* closing tag.

By the way, that's a very unusual way of using <h1>, OP--is this purely for aesthetics?
That's a rather odd way to code and not just the <h1>
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post

Agreed and I can't fathom why h1 would be used that way.

Sadly (ha!) it reminds me of the way someone I know (looks guiltily in mirror) used to use h1, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back (in the aughts), before Cap (Capidamonte) lurned me better. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Agreed and I can't fathom why h1 would be used that way.

Sadly (ha!) it reminds me of the way someone I know (looks guiltily in mirror) used to use h1, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back (in the aughts), before Cap (Capidamonte) lurned me better. :-)

Hitch
Depending on how I wanted the text to look I would use either <div> or <blockquote>.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Depending on how I wanted the text to look I would use either <div> or <blockquote>.
It sorta looks as though perhaps he intended it to be a preview of the upcoming chapter, on a Part page, or the like.

Given the function of headings, I would concur with you, Jon (Wolfie for the new guy), that this would be better served with a div or blockquote. Using headings will lead to problems, either in structure or in accessibility. (And if he decides to use a TOC/NCX/Navmap building functionality, which in turn uses headings...woe is me!)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreamweaver, epub, epub-checker, html, html error